Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluerose8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
    My air conditioner is running inside and out but it is not cooling the house.
    Last fall when we last used the air conditioner it was working fine. This spring when I turned it on it no longer cooled the house. I had the fan replaced last summer and the condenser the summer before. What is likely to be happening here and what should I be checking?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Check the circuit breakers and fuses if so equipped in the outside disconnect for starters.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Quote;;;My air conditioner is running inside and out but it is not cooling the house.

Tells me you have power,but maybe what you are hearing running in outside condenser unit is just the fan, maybe the compressor isn`t running
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 05:36 PM

You must confirm 240 vac is reaching the unit, there are two copper pipes of the compressor, is one hot?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop water from the leaking from the air conditioner inside the house [ 8 Answers ]

Hi you guys! My fiancé put our air conditioner in the window today. Problem is, water is leaking inside the house. He has tried lifting it so maybe the water will leak outside instead, but he said that's not working. So now what? Thanks!

My air conditioner is not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Our A/C is brand new and the first time we turned it on it was not blowing cool air. We had it serviced and they checked the pressure and deterimined that when it was installed they did not charge it after they checked it so we had it charged. It worked for a couple of weeks and then we turned it...

Air conditioner not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier central air conditioner is 8 years old and it is not cooling. The vent blows air but the fan on the outside unit is not working. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Air conditioner not cooling [ 0 Answers ]

My Carrier air conditioner is 8 years old and it is not cooling. The vent blows air but the fan on the outside unit is not working. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

A/c unit running inside and outside but not cooling upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My a/c unit outside of home is running (compressor?) and it is blowing inside and running too. In the morning after all night the temp is at 72 which is where it is set, but the rest of the day it is set on 72 and is 80 in the home. Both inside and outside are running all day. Why would this be...

View more questions Search