Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobsim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Briggs and stratton 12.5 hp
    Have a 12.5 b&s motor in rider replac float/set needle in carb new filter also gas backs up into air filter and when I open gas shut off valve also leaking out of exhaust port/ any ideas what is going on? / Grass is getting longer
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 08:31 AM

Hi,
    Still some trash in carb or a compomised float, At any rate the inlet needle is not sealing the fuel inlet and causing this. You probably have the oil in the sump contaminated as well.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

Our neighbor has a Riding lawn tractor with a B/S engine... 28N707 type: 0150-01 code: 9409124A. The engine starts pretty good however after only 30 seconds - 1 min. the exhaust pipe becomes "red hot" WHY? In addition to that when he is ready to shut down the mower (idling it down) it backfires...

12 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton won't start, jusy spins and backfires. Ive checked all I can think of. HELP

14 Hp Briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 Hp twin Briggs vanguard model#is 294777,And Im looking for the carb adjustment,can anybody help me w/that?

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Poulan 38" cut rider with a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp engine. It is about 6 or 7 years old and has always ran great and has had regular maintenance (oil change and plugs, kept out of direct weather). It sat in the garage for about 2 months due to illness when my wife decided to...

16.5 hp briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 16.5 hp Briggs and Statton riding mower,and have had the starter rebuilt. I was told that before I put it back on the mower I need to have "The Valve" turned or it would be pointless.My question is what valve needs to be turned and where is it located.I am assuming I would takr the...

View more questions Search