Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinesh_menon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Ask LIC expert questions
    Sir,
    On 14/6/10 an article written by Mr. A.N.Shanbagh on insurance was published in Hitavada, Raipur edition . According to him we should only purchase Term cover instead and avoid any insurance plan combining insurance and investnent and cited an example proving the same. Kindly guide us in this regard
    araheem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 09:39 AM
    Sir,
    Can I check my welth plus NAV eavery month or year ? If yes how ? Kindly explain

Thanks in advance
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 10, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Call your broker.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 09:54 AM

The issue with most insurance ( going from US policies) is that first whole life is a poor investment, very low interest, high first few year policy cost. So it is considered a poor investment.

The other plans like a Universal life plans ( there are many) actually sell you term insurance, what it does, your money goes into the plan, and the plan takes the money for term insurance first then invests the other money.

In almost all cases you will make more money by buying your own term policies and placing the other money you would have paid for the other policy into perhaps a Roth IRA ( in USA) or in other investments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding LIC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in a software company. For me my mother is beneficery & dependend. She is a house wife and my father is a farmer.Right now I am paying LIC Premium for my mother.I want to know is there any possibilities to add that amount in my investment plan To reduce the tax paid by me... ...

Atlanta TAX Expert Dual Status questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am a dual status person for US tax return. I was a resident at the start of the year 2008. The left the country in the last week of June 2008 to Canada and therefore I am a non-resident for part of the year. In my situation, according to the IRS, I need to file form 1040NR as a ...

Info and answers to frequently asked questions from our Health Expert [ 5 Answers ]

Please see the below for information, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, from our Health Expert. Of course you're also welcome to post on the board: Just click the "Ask About Women's Health" button at the top of the page - or post your question to one of the other Health & Wellness...

Info and answers to frequently asked questions from our Health Expert [ 5 Answers ]

Please see the below for information, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, from our Health Expert. Of course you're also welcome to post on the board: Just click the "Ask About Pregnancy & New Motherhood" button at the top of the page - or post your question to one of the other Health &...

View more questions Search