Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalaysi213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
    Transfer loan to another party
    Were advised to purchase a property in name only in order to be able to purchase another house, the property went to mortgagee sale due to people not being able to meet their mortgage payments, the house was sold and there is now a $100K shortfall - and is stuck because have a commitment paying mortgage on the property gained through the first property - is there a way to transfer the loan in name to the other party who originally put us through this mess
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 02:58 AM

No you can't transfer a loan name to another party.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2010, 03:57 AM

Actually you can assign a loan to another party if both the lender and the other party agree, but that doesn't seem likely in this case.

What you CAN do is sue the people who caused you this problem. If you have proof that they were supposed to pay and didn't, you can sue them for the amount you were stuck with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 07:52 AM

Bought property ( well someone else did but put it in your name /)

Was this some "plan" to build your credit up by owning a note in your name that someone else was actually paying ?
    kalaysi213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 02:07 PM
    No the broker said it was the only way to buy my first home - was to say on paper that I bought my brothers house - I don't know how he managed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my ex transfer the mortgage loan to me? [ 6 Answers ]

I had lived in this house previously with my 1st husband for 3 years and the title and loan were in both our names. When we divorced, he signed a "quit claim deed' then the title and loan were in my name for about 5 years. My 2nd husband then moved in and took over the title and loan because the...

Quit Claim Deed Signed off by Party NOT on Loan, Mortgage affected? [ 1 Answers ]

My x wife , is not on the mortgage to the home I bought in 2005, However, her name is on the deed. She was ordered by the Judge to sign off on a Quit Claim, which she did. Now my question is, does this affect the loan in any way, since it is solely in my name?

3rd Party Loan [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I moved into an apartment together, but I paid the rent and the utilities. I decided to move out and live with my grandmother when he suggested to rent a house together. I didn't have any money, so he went to his mother for $2,500 loan for first and last month rent, and moving in...

Transfer loan debt from one company to another [ 1 Answers ]

How do I transfer two loan balances from one business to the new company we have merged with? Business with original two loans (now operating as a "dba") under new company since our merge. New company has taken out a new loan to consolidate and repay these two loans. I need to get loan balances...

Transfer of first lien mortgage loan [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a mortgage loan covered by the real estate settlement procedures act. The first loan servicer told me that my loan is now transferred to a new servicer. Can you tell me why is that, the transfer is the same day.

View more questions Search