Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nettie8165 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Free advice on trying to start my lawn tractor
    I went out to start my Sears Craftsman Hydrostatic lawn tractor and it would turn over and over but would not continually fire enough to start. I took the air filter apart and cleaned everything, replaced and the tractor started right up. I cut grass for about and hour, then turned off to put things back in yard. I got back on and it did the same thing, turns over and over and over and will fire once in awhile but not enough to start. It is full of gas, the blade is disengaged and the deck is up as should be when starting. My husband is out of town and now its sitting down by the lake. Help!? Please :)
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 04:45 PM

Hi,
    Bad spark plug.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Lawn tractor will not start [ 10 Answers ]

I was using my MTD riding lawn tractor. All was well, stopped for a break. Tried to re-fire the tractor and nothing, won't turn over. The battery is charged. No disconnected wires. Could it be the "Seat engine cutoff mechanism? If so how do I bypass it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lawn Tractor will not start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pony Troy-Built 17.5 hp lawn tractor that will not start? The battery is good " I did have it tested "even tried to jump it but it will only crank one time and stop Can someone help me out Thanks

Lawn Tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to start my lawn tractor it won't turn over. It makes a noise from the engine that sounds like when you try to start a car and it's already running. I have recently changed the spark plugs, battery, air filter, etc. It ran fine after that and just stopped and wouldn't start again.

Lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Sears lawn tractor, model # 917-254520, and it will not start. It does not turn over and makes a clicking noise when attempts are made to start. I have had the battery checked and is okay. I was told by someone that it could be a solenoid. If so, where is the solenoid located such...

View more questions Search