Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasham Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 09:44 PM
    When is the right time for me to apply for mortgage?
    Me and my husband came to usa 2 years ago and now we are thinking about applying for mortgage but need to know if we making right decision. I'm self employed and being paid in cash, my husband works for privet company plus he incorporated LLC.
    We filed taxes for 2009 $34000.
    If I will stay with my job this year I'll make $36000 for 2010 and my husband $50000.
    But like I said I'm paid in cash.
    We have about $20000 on our saving account. What can we get with all this??
    And another thing is my husband wants me to change my job ( it's very exhausting job) and if I will , my total for 2010 will be $26000 and I will have W2.
    Please, help me with any suggestions. Thanks.
    baadog1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 09:50 AM
    The best for you would be to contact a mortgage lender in your area and seek answers to your questions. Asking questions of this type in a forum such as this is invites disaster.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2010, 09:53 AM

There are a number of advantages to owning a home. If you can find a home within your budget, go for it.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Sep 14, 2010, 04:33 PM

If you have good credit and a down payment and can find the type of house you want within your budget like ScottGem said go for it. There are plenty of homes on the market now and if you qualify for and can afford all the cost with owning a home, I think it would be a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I apply for ITIN for my kid at any time? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed tax returns first time in US. I already submitted/filed my 2008 tax returns online without including my kid, who stayed with me more than 7 months in 2008. Some of my friends told that if I include my kid, I get some child tax credit. I gooled about the same and got little...

What is the best time to apply green card for my mom who is in the USA now [ 1 Answers ]

My parents visited us (B2 visa) from China two months ago. I am US citizen. Their legal staying period is 6 month. Now my mom decided to live with us forever while my daddy still wanted to go back to China. So my question is: can I apply green card for my mom now (about 3.5 months left of their...

View more questions Search