Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daitchieboyd72 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 07:40 PM

The last one is white solid white and is a male... she I guess got with the black cat down the road and the neighbor has a white cat male... I will look at its sex again as it grows older cause sometimes it is hard to tell... thank you all for everything and the support... have a good night... I added this site to my favorites so I will be posting in with pictures as they grow... getting batteries tomorrow and will post the pics... thank you again
    Daiy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 08:17 PM
    I'm so glad they all got born in good health! And I look forward to seeing pictures!!

Jun 12, 2010, 09:55 PM

Hey wondergirl... lol she had one last one... another white one female... she just had her... so we have 5 all together... can you tell me something though... are white male cats rare like male calies.. but I do thank you for all your and all the others support... I will post in the morning... and can you tell me when is the best time after kittens are born to have her spayed... because it if had to see my babygirl go through that pain when I know I can do nothing to stop the pain... oh and the foster kitten... is about two in a half weeks old... but up walking and running around... he would rather have the seringe rather than good old fashion mothers milk... so I feed him can 9 lives not stredded or chunks... the mushy kind... and I mix a little bit of the kitten formula for him in there... I have to change her bed again... so I need to get going I am tired just like crystal... I will sleep in my office tonight to check on her... have a nice night... I have something else I would like to talk to you about... but this is not the place nor the time... you have a nice day... I have a small problem of speaking before I think and I was wondering is there something I could do mentally to breaking that habbit... thanks I earned that habbit through my second marriage... lol sorry please don't get offended I know this is not the forum for it... I will talk to you soon hopfully... I now know about personal information but I don't know how far personal information goes as far as personal information... I will set up my profile tomorrow... you take care... again heathe thank you for being so supportive ellon you to... thank you for your time... I just can't thank you enough... take care... diasy...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daitchieboyd72 View Post
    hey wondergirl....lol she had one last one....another white one female...she just had her....so we have 5 all together
    Wow!! A fifth kitten!! Hheath might know about girl and boy white cats. I think a white cat can be either sex -- but not calicos usually.

I'm here off and on all day (was real sick and had to resign, then retire from my library job), so just holler and we can talk about whatever you want to. Get a good night's sleep!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 10:27 AM

White cats can be either sex. The thing to watch out for is blindness and deafness. Some white cats are blind and/or deaf, but not all. If their eyes are pink or blue when they grow up, then they have a higher possibility of being blind and/or deaf.

As for getting her fixed, it's best to wait until after the kittens are weaned and her milk dries up. She can be fixed before that, but the swollen tissue and extra fluid from the milk increases the likelihood of complications. Some vets will also charge more to spay a nursing cat, because of the chance of complications.

So, your little calicoes are girls (there's a 99.99% chance of them being female). Watch the white ones for signs of blindness and deafness after they're up and moving around on their own. Try not to get your mommas fixed until after the babies are weaned and their milk has dried up.

Did I miss anything?

Jun 13, 2010, 10:53 AM

I learned that if the solid whites with blue or pink eyes... they will go blind or deaf because of a stem cell not working properly of the brain something of the sort... I read few months back don't remember... but I do remember that if there are other colors present on the while cat... they have more chance not to be blind or deaf... crystal is white with blue eyes with orange ears and tail... odd colors... but that is what I like most is color... dont care what the breed is... my mom has the mother of crystal who is solid white with blue eyes... yet she has become deaf or blind she is now almost 8 years old... crystal is only 8 months old... just as I was going to get her fixed... I learned she was pregnant... and I don't care how many cats are in the world... I don't believe in killing life before it starts... but she will be watched carefully and just as soon as the other female cat is weaned from her kittens she is going to be fixed... I have too many cats to tend to now... all together I have 14 cats... kittens included... if I were a breeder it would be different... but I am not a breeder and I try to refer ones to paws... but only if they are not in critical state... I tell them to take them to the vet... sometimes I will take a kitten in but sometimes I have to walk away and that hurts... but I just can't afford to care for this many... and there is nothing I could do with programs in the state because there are no funds...
    Two of the kittens are solid black with white stipes from the bottom of the ribcage half way up... on about 4 ribs it is that way... and they are black and white poke a dots under side of them... well are they considered calico with different colors? Thank you for your response
    Daisy

Jun 13, 2010, 10:55 AM
    i learned that if the the solid whites with blue or pink eyes....they will go blind or deaf because of a stem cell not working properly of the brain something of the sort...i read few months back don't remember...but i do remember that if there are other colors present on the while cat...they have more chance not to be blind or deaf...crystal is white with blue eyes with orange ears and tail...odd colors...but that is what i like most is color...dont care what the breed is...my mom has the mother of crystal who is solid white with blue eyes...yet she has become deaf or blind she is now almost 8 years old...crystal is only 8 months old...just as i was going to get her fixed....i learned she was pregnant...and i don't care how many cats are in the world...i don't believe in killing life before it starts....but she will be watched carefully and just as soon as the other female cat is weaned from her kittens she is going to be fixed....i have too many cats to tend to now...all together i have 14 cats...kittens included....if i were a breeder it would be different...but i am not a breeder and i try to refer ones to paws....but only if they are not in critical state...i tell them to take them to the vet.... sometimes i will take a kitten in but sometimes i have to walk away and that hurts....but i just can't afford to care for this many...and there is nothing i could do with programs in the state because their are no funds...
    two of the kittens are solid black with white stipes from the bottom of the ribcage half way up...on about 4 ribs it is that way...and they are black and white poke a dots under side of them...well are they considered calico with different colors?? thank you for your response
    daisy
    Crystals mom is not deaf or blind as of yet
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 11:02 AM

Calicoes have at least three colors in their coats. Usually, it's black, orange, and white. Beige, silver, brown, tan, and other colors can be present, too.

It sounds like there's very little risk of your babies being deaf or blind. That's good. It's hard to find homes for special needs kittens.

Jun 13, 2010, 05:29 PM

One thing heath... crystal has black dirreah... I know that could be one thing and that is blood... is there something that could have ripped behind inside... she is not bleeding from her Virginia... so what do I need to do take her in... she does look like she is in pain... she does walk around and she does eat... I will take her to the vet... please pst thank you
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 05:33 PM

It could be anything. The pain is probably from giving birth to so many kittens when she's still a kitten herself. If the diarrhea doesn't clear up in a couple days, then talk to a vet. Being pregnant and giving birth can throw all kinds of things out of whack.

What are you feeding her? Her diet could just need adjusted.

Jun 13, 2010, 06:01 PM

I feed her indoor nine lives cat food with all the vegatables and things in it... it is in the green bag... I tried iams the expensive stuff but they all will not eat it... she ate the placentas lasting... and it is a lot of iron for her... too much iron will throw anyone into dirrhea... wouldn't that be it... it just could have went through cause 5 of them to eat... is a lot and couldn't it just be that?
    And I need to worm her... do I need to wait till the kittens get weened and on their own or is it OK to do it...
    Daisy
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 06:09 PM

Try to get some kitten food to feed her while she's nursing. If possible, feed her some wet food. She needs all the extra nutrients she can get right now.

You shouldn't worm while she's nursing, exclusively. Wait until they're at least mostly weaned, then give them all the worming medicine at the same time. Repeat two weeks later. Repeat again, every two week until you don't see any more worms. 2-3 treatments should do it.

Right now, the kittens are too young for the worming medicine. Anything you give to momma will be passed right along to the babies. All the vet sites I've seen suggest you start worming no earlier than 4 weeks.

Jun 13, 2010, 06:34 PM

OK thak you... for your answer... as soon as I get my camera some batteries I will put all my pictures up of my cats... thank you for your help...
    Daisy... ps... I don't see any worms in her poop...
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 06:42 PM

If you don't see any worms, what makes you think she needs dewormed?

Jun 13, 2010, 09:27 PM

OK... when crystal lies down she still has a hump in her belly... I felt it and I messaged her belly cause she loves to have her tummy rubbed... well her poop is normal now... I don't understand it... but I did however felt another kitten... it is not very big and it is not in her ribs... it is lower... well I was wondering could it have been that later on in the pregnancy... could she have maybe got with another cat and mated like three days or even a week to get another egg fertilized?. or what are the chances of it being still born... I constantly have to go to her side... cause she cries for me... if it is still born will it pass like the humans do... would the body make it come out..? and if so how long would it take..? Just another worry... what I don't understand that when it is someone else's cat I know what to do immediately... cause I tend to lots of cats here in the park... but ones that I love as much as I do with crystal I tend to get panicy and loose most of my memory of what to do... another words when it comes to emergency I am good a first response... when it comes to a family member I freak out... how can I stop that... ummm maybe that is why they made the law to where around here a doctor cannot perform sergury on a wife or family member... well I do know that I start school in June to further my education in vet tech... it is for my own knowledge... I don't pretend to be a doctor and I don't say I am... I tell people all the time I am not a vet... take her or him to a vet... but if it is something simple like a spider bite or a sprain... or just a respirtory infection... then I will see the cat... stiches other life threatening I tell them I don't know what to do... now I have had some cats die and I did cpr on them and brought them back.. but not always it worked... well please let me know about the kitten that I feel that is still in crystal... I am worry it to be still born and how will it affect my cat... she is still trying to put the rest of the kittens in the nest with her... but all the others are weanlings and ready for adoption... thank you for your time... the baby rescue kitten is two weeks in a half and will not nurse... he is very independent he doesn't act like a kitten... he sings and apoprieates affection... I never knew in my life for a kat that young to sing and pur as loud as she does... I love her and I want to keep him... but I just want to see what cats are going where... an d get rid of the others... cause really reality click... 15 cats... I should havr no more than three... thanks... daisy

Jun 13, 2010, 09:33 PM
    ok....when crystal lies down she still has a hump in her belly....i felt it and i messaged her belly cause she loves to have her tummy rubbed....well her poop is normal now...i don't understand it...but i did however felt another kitten...it is not very big and it is not in her ribs...it is lower....well i was wondering could it have been that later on in the pregnancy...could she have maybe got with another cat and mated like three days or even a week to get another egg fertilized??... or what are the chances of it being still born....i constantly have to go to her side...cause she cries for me....if it is still born will it pass like the humans do....would the body make it come out....???and if so how long would it take....?? just another worry....what i dont' understand that when it is someone else's cat i know what to do immediately...cause i tend to lots of cats here in the park...but ones that i love as much as i do with crystal i tend to get panicy and loose most of my memory of what to do....another words when it comes to emergency i am good a first responce ....when it comes to a family member i freak out....how can i stop that...ummm maybe that is why they made the law to where around here a doctor cannot perform sergury on a wife or family member...well i do know that i start school in june to further my education in vet tech....it is for my own knowledge...i don't pretend to be a doctor and i don't say i am....i tell people all the time i am not a vet...take her or him to a vet...but if it is something simple like a spider bite or a sprain...or just a respirtory infection....then i will see the cat...stiches other life threatening i tell them i don't know what to do....now i have had some cats die and i did cpr on them and brought them back..but not always it worked....well please let me know about the kitten that i feel that is still in crystal....i am worry it to be still born and how will it affect my cat...she is still trying to put the rest of the kittens in the nest with her...but all the others are weanlings and ready for adoption....thank you for your time...the baby rescue kitten is two weeks in a half and will not nurse...he is very independant he doesn't act like a kitten...he sings and apoprieates affection...i never knew in my life for a kat that young to sing and pur as loud as she does...i love her and i want to keep him...but i just want to see what cats are going where...an d get rid of the others....cause really reality click...15 cats....i should havr no more than three....thanks...daisy
    I forgot... the other kittens are 6 weeks old and eating soft food... they are in the process of getting introduced to litter training... thanks daisy
    Experts

Jun 13, 2010, 09:38 PM

Kittens can be conceived, and born, up to a week or so apart. If there is another kitten, then it may just need time to mature. Her body will take care of everything, just like with the first 5 kittens.

If she starts to seem sick, the kitten isn't born within the next week or so, or there's some other reason to worry, then try to get her to a vet. If the kitten is dead, then her body may not try to expel it. Just keep a close eye on her, as I'm sure you're already doing.

I can more than understand the reality check. My edith was pregnant when I adopted her. I knew that, but I couldn't see NOT giving her a home just because she was going to have babies. I figured she'd have 3-4, at the most, since she's a small cat. A month later, she gave birth to 6 babies. They'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.

No matter how much I love them and want to keep them all, I know I can't. There's just no possible way for me to keep 7 cats in my apartment, let alone affording to feed 7 adult cats. I'm keeping 2 of the babies. Of the other 4, 1 found a home a few days ago. I miss him, but I think he'll be happy. Now, I just need to find good homes for the other 3.

Jun 13, 2010, 10:15 PM

I understand what you are saying... the problem with finding kittens a home is that when they are kittens then they are cute and cuddlely but when they grow up they are not cute no more and I think that is how most of our cats end up strays... we have a set of dumpstars here... and I don't go there anymore... because that is how I ended up with 36 cats all together in a three bed room trailor... now my house never smelted like cat... but I kept all 6 litter boxes clean and the house... anytime I had a tom spray I would immately wipe the wall down... plus at that time I was a singer and a aircraft mechanic... I could afford to have them... but when I left my husband two years ago... I have to give them all up... they never went to the pound... it just took me one year to get rid of them... I stayed with my husband for 7 years because of my cats... but I got tired of the sometimes physical mental and emotional abuse... and I knew I couldn't take my cats with me... I owned the trailor... it was paid for but I done tried telling him to leave and once had the cops to tell him to leave... but us being married... it was civil... so I gave him the house and the truck... I kept two of my cats and snuck them in the apartments I lived in... one of my cats I will always have... he is 6 years old and his name is turd... lol what a name... he earned it though... I didn't name him my husband did... lol I had saved turd from a four lane highway... in the pouring down rain it was raining so hard I couldn't see a thing... there was something in the middle lane... the turning lane so I stopped... I don't know what made me stop but there was an urgence for me to stop and it was so strong when I passed it up... well just to satisfy this urgency... I turned around and went back and there in the middle of a shredded diesal tire what a little silvester type black and white cat... I quickly picked him up and wrapped him up in my jacket... I was on my way to trim my horses hooves... so I got to the barn got a towl and I dried him off... I love cats... but they look weird wet lol... well when I got him home... I feed him I only had one cat and they got along with each other the first time... well I saw him trying to go in the corner and I took him to the litter box... and he clawed me to get away from it... it was white round and nothing over it or anything... just a plane pan.. ok I started taking him outside to do his business... then he started liking to be outside... I couldn't have a cat in the apartment. So I put him in the litter pan again... I let him watch the other cat do her business... lol he was skittish of the litter box... I got off vacation... then I returned to work the next day... apperently he got in with the front of his body and his hind legs were still on the edge of the box... and he took his business all on the outside of the litter pan... my husband was my boyfriend at that time... and I said no I am not going to have this... lol I took turd and put him in the litter box when he tried to off the outside of the box and I held him in the litter pan until he did his business... I am the only one who had injuries... I had claw marks on my hands... but he now does his business in the litter box... lol there were fecies everywhere on me my clothes and on him... I had to give him a bath and that is how he got his name... can I see a picture of your edith... and I will stay by crystal tonight and tomorrow... I have to lay by her and her kittens so I make me a bed on the floor in the living room and that is where I sleep... I thank you for everything again... lol I just can't stop thanking everyone... you just don't know how much this means to me... daisy

Jun 13, 2010, 10:17 PM

What I meant is they are cute to some people while they are kittens... but to some people they don't want the full grown cat anymore... so they get rid of them by dropping them off somewhere\
    Daisy
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 05:57 AM

Here is the "Edith is a mommy" thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cats/e...my-461542.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if this cat had kittens? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new here and I have been trying to find out some information about mother cats. I have recently started feeding a stray cat that seems to live in the woods behind my apartment building.She looks like she may have recently had kittens, but I have not seen them yet. I am not sure if she is...

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

My cat and kittens [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had 4 kittens 5 days ago and for the past 2 days she keeps wanting to go outside and leave them, should I let her?

Is my cat going to have kittens? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know that my cats pregnant? She's had her spayed and it acually looks like she's pregnant and I've gone onto the internet and serched up how to tell if your cat is pregnant and it came up with some things like 2 cheek her nipples and if they go swollen and pinker than they are now then...

When will my cat have her kittens [ 1 Answers ]

This is for the birds!! All I want to know is how long is it natural for a cat to be in labor before she has her kittens!! It takes forever to find a place to ask a question and then my message is to short? Give me a break and please tell me about my cat!:mad: :mad:

View more questions Search