Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 06:38 AM
    Why won't my PC read discs?
    Hi, recently my computer has stopped reading discs. It hasn't really bothered me until I had to use a disc, and now it's driving me crazy! I've tried reading up on every possible answer, but nothing seems to be working. I just tried inserting The Sims 2 disc just to see if it would read, and it seems to be reading for a minute and then it just stops. I also have a HP notebook, but unfortunately this has no disc drive so I cannot use discs here either. A friend told me to download LimeWire a while ago, and I had been using it, until I was advised to remove it as it can cause problems to your PC, I removed it although I'm wondering if that software caused problems. It's showing up in My Computer but it's driving me insane! If anyone has had the same problem, and can recommend some advice on how I can fix it, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated - meganxo
    lineswine Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Try the disk in a known working PC. If it fails, the disk is faulty. If not, the drive in your PC is. Replacing a drive isn't too difficult - there are plenty of step-by-step guides on the net.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd drive won't read blank discs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, hope someone can help, I'm having problems with my drive, it won't read blank dvd-r/rw's, It's fine when it comes to regular discs with data on them, it just keeps telling me to insert a blank disc even though there's one in there. The number of the disc drive is WDC-WD400BB-00DEA0 (IF...

DVD ROM and DVD RW drives won't read any discs. [ 18 Answers ]

I've tried a few discs in both drives and neither of the drives can read them. It's like there's nothing in the drives. :confused:. I think it might be a problem to do with some software I had installed 'Sonic software'. I have now removed this but the CD drives still have an exclamation mark next...

Herniated discs [ 1 Answers ]

How do your discs become herniated

Finalizing discs [ 1 Answers ]

Burn't jpeg photos to CD-R & DVD-R but can't play them in DVD player which is compatible or another computer, how do I finalize these discs as my computer says it is doing it automatically will only play in my computer

Unread Discs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Gamecube and apparently, it's unable to read my disc. If the name of the game is required, it's "Pokemon Colleuseum". That was probably a typo. Why is the Gamecube unable to read my disc? Could it be that the Gamecube itself is faulty or that my disc is scratched?

View more questions Search