Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poetryinmyblood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 01:26 AM
    Confused
    I am a singlefemale who has been seeing a married male pshycologist for 2 and a half years due to a workplace injury.We are now becoming sexually involved. What should I do.I think I may be getting more involved than I should be, our feelings have gone well past the ethics of his profession.I have become very emotionally invoved.--HELP:confused:
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Stop seeing him all together. That's SICK that a shrink would do that - he's using you.

He's married - read all thr threads on married men.

He cheating on his wife and family.

Please stop seeing him all together - don't listen to his lies.

My god! He could go to jail for this.

See if you can tel lyour parent about this? I bet you can't. This is totally wrong.

Get out of it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
    This is way beyounf ethics. He could/should lose his license.

Open the dictionary under creep - his picture is there.
    Saintas Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Forget him right now.What do you feel about this?
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 11, 2006, 01:20 PM
    This man is taking advantage of you. You are/were going to him for mental health issues-apparently- and he is f $#* ing with your brain.

You need to turn him in, get his license revoked, and find a new therapist. NOW :eek:
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poetryinmyblood
    I think I may be getting more involved than I should be
    You think?! This is really quite dangerous for both of you. Break it off immediately and find a female therapist. You really should report him. The chances are you are not the first client he has seduced, and unless you file a complaint, you will probably not be the last. For your own healing and for the sake of future victims, please report him and have no further contact with him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Yes - get a female therapist. This guy should lose his license over this. He completely took advantage of you because he knows things about you no one else does.

You condifed in him and he does this to you. Manipulated you.

I would report him.

This is just so wrong on many levels.

I bet a million $ this has set you way back. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

This guy is about as big of a scum bag as there is.

Remember ladies - if you can't tell your parents THE WHOLE story... or more importanlty can't tell his wife the WHOLE story - It is then WRONG.

This so unhealthy for you.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Dear Poetry,

Please do as the others have said. Find a different therapist. Do not go back to him.

Poetry, in this same situation, what would you tell me to do?

Please do this for yourself.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Ughhhhhhhhh - this still really bothers me that a professional would do this to a client. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poetryinmyblood
    our feelings have gone well past the ethics of his profession.
    Boy, you're not kidding! This guy's playing with fire where his career is concerned, not to mention his marriage. Unfortunately you're just as guilty as he is for taking on the role of homewrecker. You may not be violating any professional ethics but you're certainly violating moral ones. I'd get a new therapist real fast! A psychologist who cheats on his own wife is like a dentist who never brushes his teeth! What an irony!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 09:10 PM
    poetryinmyblood... please report this man to the nearest Rape Crisis Certer or Sexual assault Center. You are being RAPED and this man needs to be punished for it. Call tomorrow talk to a counsellor there, they ar trained to help you all the way through what you will go through in getting this guy prosecuted. Please call.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 09:51 PM
    s2tp... I think you for your comment. And I agree she did not say anything about her age but I actually didn't mean Rape in the eyes of the law I only meant that she was being taken advantage of, there is a sexual word for that but I will refrain from using it is this case. Thanks again
    poetryinmyblood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 11:20 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I'm confused some people say that when you die your soul goes to heven, what my confution is coming from is when Christ comes to earth for judgement and resurrection, if he already has your soul what exactly is he coming back for?:confused:

Confused [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im a grade nine student right now, and I really need help with this math problem. It's for science class though. We're currently doing things related to density and such, and my teacher really confused me when explaining conversion. So, I need to convert this... D = 27.3g / 18.87...

Confused [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I have only been with 1 guy. I am not in love with him anymore and need to move on. The crazy part is that I kissed one of his friends and I felt something. I have been friends with this guy for over 3 years and I always had a little crush on him. How do I tell him I like him...

Confused.. about Ex [ 6 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

View more questions Search