Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Seller holding mortgage
    I have a rental home that needs lots of repairs and may cost approx. $20,000. The house is old and the rentor really wants to buy it but,because he does cash only business, cannot get a mortgage. He has been renting my property for 7 years and has never been late with the rent. He is a good tenant.
    He asked me if I would be interested in holding the mortgage. He wants to give me $1,000 a month extra and a down payment.
    Should I go for this? I've been advised not to do this ,but it's the only way he can get a mortgage and probably the only way I can sell this old house. ( He is willing to buy it as is.) Thanks Alex
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 06:38 PM

I would run this past an Attorney to make sure you are protected but, yes, if he is your only buyer and he is your only seller, it might be a VERY good arrangement.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2010, 06:39 PM

I would go ahead with it. This is a person that you have experience with and has a track of good payment. Just make sure you do everything legally with a promissory note etc.

If you are worried about servicing the loan, you can always sell it.
    petershelpman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 12:00 PM
    My name is Rev. Peter Shelpman and I can save you some trouble on that. I know a way you can seller finance so that he doesn't have to use a bank and you still get money up front.Call me @859-707-8255.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seller holding mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about holding the mortgage on the sale of my home in Northern NJ.

Seller holding a mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

Our lawyer has brought a buyer (one of his gold star clients) for our 2 rental properties and a commercial building owned by my in-laws (78 yr old ). He has told them that the buyer will put down $25,000 and they will hold a $250,000 mortgage at 8% with a 10yr balloon. He want to represent both...

How do I report the foreclosure on a seller financed mortgage [ 10 Answers ]

I sold my primary residence to a family member in 2006 and financed the loan. Now in 2007 they decided not to pay for it and 'gave' it back to us. How do figure out my basis and capital gains for 2007. Also now we are going to rent the property until the market comes back and we can sell it. I...

Holding a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What are the procedures for holding a mortgage?

View more questions Search