Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessbugsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 06:35 PM
    I'm so lonely
    I just can not get away from this constant loneliness. I would like to find a way to meet new people who would actually interest me, but Im a single mom and I can't really afford to spend much on recreation. Any ideas? This is starting to affect my life. I can handle being a lone but I don't want to any more.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 7, 2010, 07:58 PM

You didn't mention how old your child/children is/are.

If you have a toddler you could maybe join a Mother and toddler group, or say the gingerbread single parent organisation, if you are in the UK that is.

You could maybe sign up on one of the social networking sites, I believe there are many single parents on them.

Perhaps you could enroll in a higher education course of some kind, you can do some of them in your own time, some even allow parents to take a child with them and have crèche facilities.

Or perhaps you could call up some of your school friends that you haven't seen in a while, or invite other Mums to your place for a coffee morning or something like this.

You could maybe join a voluntary organisation or take up a hobby of some kind, or get involved in community events in your area.

Or maybe make enquiries about other single parents in your area, you could maybe get together with other Mums and organise a fund raiser of some kind. Or similar.

These are merely suggestions, I hope you can find some inspiration in something Ive recommended suggested for you to do to relieve the loneliness you are feeling.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Hi, jessbugsy!

Lots of great ideas from positiveparent above!

What do you like to do for recreation, please?

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 08:06 AM

It really is not expensive to build a life that you enjoy. Just a matter of finding out what your interests are and joining in.

Volunteering your time to good causes cost nothing, but will make you a very rich person spiritually, and you will meet some very interesting people.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 08:21 AM

Trying to manage everything on your own is hard,when the kids are gone to bed and its just you,your glad the day is over,but you have to face the night,when morning comes your glad the night is over but you have to face the day!

It can sometimes feel like an ever ending circle.

positiveparent has made good suggestions,and I know how it is,how do I get started,where do I find the energy to do something,and yet you can get so fed up with your own company you could scream sometimes.

My advice is,do something,try one thing new,and let that be YOUR thing.

AMHD can be a great way to 'talk' to other adults,you can answer questions and build your confidence and self esteem.
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 24, 2010, 10:54 PM

In my city a lot of the local malls set up days for mothers to go and meet up with other moms and stuff. Check out what your city/town offers for mothers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lonely. [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure what it is but I just feel so alone and have no one that will back me up or support me during bad or good times. I mean, I know some people, talk to them as friends but I dun feel that they really care about me as I care much about them. I don't know what it is but I constantly have...

Lonely [ 2 Answers ]

I just broke up with my guy of 6 years because he cheated on me or was unfaithful. And suddenly I feel empty, lonely. :( A lot of my girl pals are attached or married :( What should I do I feel lonely mostly during weekends when I see everyone is occupied

16 And Lonely [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everybody, I'm new to this site... but hopefully y'all help me answer my question. Well anyway, I'm 16, never had a boyfriend, never even been asked out, I don't even have a guy friend. All of my friends have boyfriends or are talking to boys and just to put it out there... I'm not exactly...

I'm so lonely [ 10 Answers ]

Can some 1 help me with ways 2 get my ex back I'm 31 years old I have 4 kids none of which are my ex partners he was so loving towards me an my children we had a disagreement 1 day an he left 4 another town he's not from this country and a few weeks after we finished I relised how much I really do...

I'm lonely . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. umm.. it's the first time I think of writing my problem.. well I always feel lonely.. I'm kind of shy.. and this is my problem :'( really I'm very shy.. and quite Well my main problem is my cousin :'( she's so mean to me , always insult me because I can't defend of myself , I just...

View more questions Search