Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greasergirl101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 07:41 AM
    How do u change the fuel pump main relay switch on a 99 honda accord ?
    How do u change the fuel pump main relay switch on a 99 Honda Accord?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:56 AM

I believe you just unplug it and plug in a new one.
    Here is some good info for Hondas:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...les-46563.html
    If you have not unplugged it, how do you know its bad?
    Relay coil gets positive when ignition switched on, and some need to be cranking, the negative to the Fuel coil comes from the ICM. Plus you need 12volts to provide power to the relay contact, a jumper at relay socket will verify fuel pump is good.
    You can also pull and test relay, apply 12 volts to coil, you should have continuity on the contacts.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 09:44 AM

It's located left of the steering column. Turning the ignition key on and off will help you locate the main relay, by allowing you to hear and feel it "click." Main relays often have 7 wires going to them.

After recording any radio codes, disconnect the negative battery cable, remove the mounting bolt to the relay, and ease the relay out. Using a large flat blade screwdriver, carefully separate the female connector from the old relay. Install the new relay and button things up.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 10:23 AM

You may find reading the link below worthwhile:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1245523

"Remember, as always, to Stay Greasy."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda Accord - main relay switch [ 1 Answers ]

I was looking for FAQ since I read it would describe not only the location of the main relay, but how to take it out and resolder it. I can't seem to find the FAQ section, etc. Any help guiding me?

93 honda civic main relay / fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

If a main relay is bad, is it possible to still hear all three clicks? After driving around just fine, I came home and parked the car. The next morning it would not start. Ive had a no start problem a couple times before like when running into a gas station then back out. Obvious sign of a main...

94 honda accord no spark no fuel good main relay [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I just replaced the water pump head gasket timing belt and engine harness on my 94 accord ex. Now I get no spark and fuel. I had the same problem before my mechanic said I had a short in engine harness he ran a wire from where the harness splits by the firewall to the blk & yellow in the...

Fuel pump relay 1993 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 honda accord

89 Honda Civic-fuel pump-main relay [ 3 Answers ]

Have 89 Honda Civic with a carb. Car wouldn't start replaced main relay. However the fuel pump won't work from the main relay. So I bypassed the main relay for a temp solution. The main relay was brand new. I am looking for a permanent solution. Help! & Thanks

View more questions Search