Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sue1973 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Why is my ex contacting me
    Threads merged

I was with my ex for 3 months last year, I met him on an internet site and have since found out that he lied about his age job and probably other things. I ended the relationship because he was being nasty to my son, not violent but bullying and controlling. He hounded me for 2 months after with phone calls, texts, presents etc. That was 6 months ago and I'm 99% certain he has a girlfriend but he he has recently been texting and ringing my landline asking to see me or speak with me for a friendly chat. I have not responded but he isn't giving up. What do you think he wants? He's a ladies man and I'm fairly sure he cheated as well but I can't prove it. I haven't been out with anyone since and I know he isn't right for me but hm contacting me is stirring up feelings for him. My friends have told me to continue to ignore him or involve police.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:43 AM

I think your friends have given you the best advice.

You have nothing to gain by allowing this man back into your life,or your sons for that matter.

Write down the reasons you ended it,and post them where you can see them,look at your son,this guy bullied him.

What your feeling is crappy leftover feelings... go for a run,you don't need this guy,he has nothing to offer but heartache,trouble and grief.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 08:49 AM
    I agree with Red 150%- this guy is trouble.

Even considering only your son, and how he treated him, is a good indicator of this man's character and personality. Why would you consider allowing him back in your life, knowing that he would be a very strong negative influence toward him.

That he is a 'ladies man' only means that he can charm the socks off people before they realize their feet are cold. He has a need for conquest, and with the personality, likes the game and winning what, or who, he wants, but will he be the same person the day after you fall for him? Yes, he will. Creepy, aggressive, controlling, demanding, and won't take no for an answer.

You can bet your bippy that he has women on the side, and is working on new ones at the same time.

I would personally start keeping a diary of all the dates and times he contacts you. If you give him an inch, the next thing you know, he will be showing up at your work, or in his car across the street from where you live. Players don't like to lose, and you must protect yourself.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 10:26 AM

I agree with both redhead and jake.
    This guy is bad news come back to haunt you.
    The fact that he bullied your son should be enough to convince you to leave him alone.
    Document the calls and texts, continue to ignore them. If they continue, you may need to contact the police.

Jun 7, 2010, 01:44 AM
    Further to my last question!
    Thanks for all your excellent advice on my earlier question and I know you are all right. I don't know why but I seem to be getting really down and upset over this guy and not able to move on. I seem to blaming myself. I met him on a dating site which he carried on using whilst I was seeing him. I have now signed up again and have noticed that although his profile is still there he hasn't used the site for at least 3 months. This has upset me as I have now convinced myself that he must have met someone nicer who he is really happy with and doesn't need to look on the site anymore. I know I'm just dwelling on things but I'm just struggling to move on in any way. My son is 11 and is no angel and maybe this guy was trying to help me but he did go too far. He seemed resentful of time and attention that I gave my son and he never seemed able to say anything nice to him. I don't want him back but feel hurt that he is maybe now really happy and I can't seem to move on. It must sound trivial but I'm getting really down. Please tell me what you think? Thank you
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 03:41 AM

Just keep up with the NC and get out there and find someone who will love and respect you and treat your son well.

A guy who lies, has a nasty attitude, and is controlling should have no place in your life. You are better off without him.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 04:04 AM

That guy was not for you,your looking back with rose tinted glasses,he has not changed,people don't change that much,and I feel sorry for the new women (if there is one) cause she will get the same treatment.

Try and arrange a girls night in,or out,go visit family or invite them over,surround yourself with people who love you.

Your son is 11,he's on the brink of those teenage years,all kids go through a stage where you always seem to be givng out about something,that will pass.

Know you made the right decision getting rid of that man.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 08:41 AM

Stop questioning yourself.
    Just because he has found someone else to possibly be a butt-hole to does not mean there was something wrong with you..
    You dropped him for all the right reasons.
    Pat yourself on the back and move on.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 02:10 PM
    two words: Stay away
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 09:36 AM

Read the stickies at the beginning of this forum, and they will explain a lot about what your going through.

Stay with No Contact with him.

Jun 11, 2010, 03:52 AM
    Why is my ex contacting me
    Thank you so much for all your answers. They have really helped me through a bad couple of weeks and I know everything you say is right. I wouldn't even consider allowing this man back into my son's life and I'm sure I will get over this stage of missing him and stay strong with the No Contact. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He's contacting me after he says he needs to 'get away' [ 4 Answers ]

we dated for a couple months. Had a great connection( could have fun and also be serious... had similar morals/values/family background)... he moved it pretty quickly... made me a little nervous, but I went with it. Then, he said that it was too much too soon... that he needed to think and 'get...

Still contacting me [ 6 Answers ]

hello, I haven't been on this site for awile. I decided to update on my relationship break up stuff, to see if I can get anyone's input, or advice. okay so he broke up with me, I took it hard, we didn't talk. so eventually I did cut him off completely. Still thought about him A lot thought,...

Why is he still contacting me? [ 5 Answers ]

I know I am going to get the 3rd degree over this. I am a very confident person but when it comes to relationships I sometimes feel like I am being walked all over. I am the first to tell my friends "you teach people how to treat you"... o.k. now for the story Met my ex over a year ago....

Contacting her [ 3 Answers ]

2 weeks ago, my girlfriend of a year and a half broke it off. It was the day after I told her I had been shopping for a ring. The previous number of months she has been feeling insecure, but we made it through and I told her that I would see her through anything. She said she loves me and we had...

Should I keep on contacting my ex [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on a break with my ex for a month she said she just wasn't ready for a serious relationship like we were having she is 22 I'm 28 we have been together 3 1/2 years. I have been in contact with her I am the one who has been calling and messagig noing that is wrong she still seems a bit...

View more questions Search