Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniel boger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Good presur but little water in the hous
    I hope I could please find someone to help me out with this problem, My hous is seventeen years old and this proble just happened . I noticed that the water pressure was going very low the longer I left the hot or cold water on so I checked the gauge in the basement to see what the pressure was readding and it read at 38lb of pressure but like I said no water upstairs in the house. My water softner is connected to the main line to the house bu it seems that it's not filling up like it should. Is there a expert out there that could help me out I really need to take a shower.:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 10, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Hey Dan,

Well the first thing you want to do is bypass the water softener. At 38 PSI you're a little shy of the normal house pressure of 45 PSI. Do you have a PRV,(pressure regulating valve) In your system? At 17 years of age I'm assuming your house has copper pipes. Have you checked at the meter to see if you have a leak in the service line? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heater-good or bad? [ 6 Answers ]

We are going to need our ancient water heater replaced soon. We have been considering the tankless ones. I understand you get instant hot water only when you need it. Are these worth the extra money or are we better off with a new regular one. Thanks.

Am I not good enough? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here for days and decided to come clean with my own personal problems. I think that I'm a complex case so I hope you can deal with my lengthy post. Basically.. I've been living in isolation from just about everyone and everything for about four to five years...

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Good water pressure in Master Bath, but no where else [ 3 Answers ]

In the past 2 weeks I had low Hot water pressure. I fixed that problem by replacing the inlet and outlet nipple fittings. (Both were clogged/corroded). Now, I have good hot water pressure but only in the master bath and laundry room. The MB is the fartherest point away from the hot water heater...

Looking for the good in all: [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, How can we find the good in others? Does religion help us to be kinder to others? What do you thinK? Take care, Hope12

View more questions Search