Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djskycraze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Uscis home visits
    A uscis immigration officer visits my home to check if my marriage is bona-fide. He was happy to see us together & he advised that my case would be approved within 4 to 6 weeks. Its been 4 weeks & still haven't heard anything from them. Should I be worried about my case being denied? Has anyone gone through this process before?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jun 7, 2010, 11:38 AM

Have the attorney file a status inquiry with the LFO. If the officer didn't have any concerns about the cohabitition, you should be approved. Please note, there is probably something in the application to trigger the site visit.

If you don't get a response within 90 days from the site visit, you should follow up. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation home visits [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how often a probation officer visits your home. I wasn't home last Monday and he came and left a card. I was dropping urine for the courts. Anyway, I have not told my children that I am on probation, I wondered if he was just making a one time visit or will he come every month. ...

L1-A visa - When to notify USCIS [ 1 Answers ]

I am on L1-A visa from company C1. Couple of months ago my company C1 was taken over by company T1. T1 has several subsidiaries. Now I get salary from company S1 which is a subsidiary of T1. My question is : 1) Am I out of status as far as my visa L1-A is concerned? 2) If not then, do I...

I 751 fraud and USCIS procedures [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am married to a Russian citizen. After 1 year of living with me, she left. Her intentions when she married were strictly for a green card to get her sick daughter here for medical treatment. She left 2 months before the 90 day window to file the 751 alone. She found a lawyer, and filed...

What is penalty for leaving the US? When in processby USCIS? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my mother is a permanent resident and she claimed my brother, 15, and myself, 19, last year on February of 2007. But it seems to take more than two years so my parents decided to go back to our country so I can start college. We bought the tickets for the coming July 17. My Question, Do I...

USCIS Appointment Notice for Biometrics [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got a ASC appointment notice from USICS to capture my biometrics. They asked me to bring my notice letter along with my Passport. I just want to know about the process. Will it just be to capture my fingerprints or will there be any kind of personal interview. If yes, what they are...

View more questions Search