Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drgriffis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 08:50 AM
    State of Texas Inheritance Law
    If my husband inherites the house that we are living in, do I have any legal rights to the property or the money that we paid to lease to lease it?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 31, 2010, 09:10 AM

As some sort of an inheritance? No.

If you were to seek part of the house in a divorce? Perhaps.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 09:19 AM

Are you getting divorced? I'm not sure why it would matter if you are not getting divorced. However, as said above it is not your inheritance so in that means, no you have no rights it can be placed in his name only. But being his spouce if there are no plans for divorce you won't be forced to leave either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas Inheritance Rights of Adult Children [ 1 Answers ]

My father in law passed away suddenly but left a very orderly will & estate (TEXAS). He left everything to his wife of 59 years. Their two sons are married & daughter is a widow with one adult child. What our question is... Can the eldest son contest the will? Does he legally have the right...

Inheritance Law Texas - children overseas [ 2 Answers ]

My father-in-law died in December 2008. He divorced my mother-in-law 3 year ago. They have 4 children including my husband (all residing outside the united states). He has 2 children with his second wife (US citizens). My husband's family has requested to see a copy of his will (if there was any)...

Inheritance Tax in Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

My Father passed away(here in Texas) a month ago and left around $200,000.00 in combined annuities, certificates of deposit, savings and life insurance to be divided up among 4 children. Are we each required to pay Federal Income Tax or an Inheritance Tax of some kind on each of our lump sum...

View more questions Search