Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isake Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 10:44 AM
    Replacing White-Rodgers 5 wire thermostat -- yellow connects to "A"??
    I have a White-Rodgers 1F56W-444 ac/heat thermostat. I want to replace it with a Honeywell RTH110B thermostat.

When I remove the old thermostat, the wires are connected from the wall to the thermostat as follows:

R -> Rc
    G -> G
    W -> W
    B -> Y
    Y -> A

What is "A"? The new thermostat does not have an "A". It has Rc, Rh, W, Y, G.

If the yellow connects to the Rh, do I need to remove the jumper between Rc and Rh?

Help?

Thanks.

May 27, 2010, 11:51 AM

Taking the faceplate off the wall, I see the yellow wire is connected to the back of the faceplate. Do I need this wire for the new thermostat?

May 27, 2010, 12:41 PM

FIXED!
    Connected the wires as noted in the original question. The yellow seems to be related to the old thermostat.

At first, nothing happened... then I remembered the power was shut off at the breaker box. Then nothing happened again. But there is a security delay built into the startup, so after a few minutes, the ac came on. Thank goodness... it was 85 degrees in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

Replacing old White Rodgers Thermostat with Hunter 44260 [ 0 Answers ]

Where do the blue (E), and the pink (O) wires go? I think the rest go Y to Y/O; R to RH; W2 to W/B; and G to G, and I already read that brown (C) is not playing. Thank you.

Replacing White-Rodgers Thermostat with Honeywell Digital [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing a 13 yr. old White-Rodgers Mechanical thermostat (couldn't find model # on website) with a Honeywell 5-1-1 Digital thermostat. The wiring was as follows for White-Rodgers: Green = G Yellow = Y White = W Red = RH jumpered to RC The Honeywell has terminals for

White-Rodgers Thermostat #1F86-244 inop in "Auto" mode [ 1 Answers ]

When fan switch is set to the "On" position fan comes on and system blows hot air. When switch is set to the "Auto" position fan does not come on despite temperature being set to call for heat. While fan is running with switch in the "On" position, if I slide switch to "Auto", fan shuts off. Is it...

White Rodgers theromstat sticks on "Hold" [ 1 Answers ]

We have a White-Rodgers Comfort-set 70 Series thermostat in our apartment. We have it programed for each day. The thermostat keeps shifting to the "hold" setting on its own and disregards our programming. When we press "run" to continue the program, the clock automatically goes to 12:00. ...

View more questions Search