Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturg29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
    John deere 455 mower. Blades go on and off as mower is running. Y?
    I have a 455 John deere mower. When I pull the pto switch the blades engage. But as I keep mowing the blades kick off and on. Put new pto switch in. put new battery on. Voltage from alternator is good. Could it be the pto solenoid? If not then what?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 06:44 PM

That would be what I checked out next.you might check the wires and connectors make sure all is tight and not broken.
    Gary546 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2014, 09:07 PM
    Check reverse safety switch, at back of mower on right side of mower free wheeingl lever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L130 riding mower won't stay running [ 7 Answers ]

We only have about 30 hours on this 1.5 year old garden tractor, as it only really needs to be used about once a year when the wild grasses are very tall and they're getting quite brown and becoming a fire hazard. Thus, it had been sitting unused for a few months when I tried to start it to move...

John deere 455 - blows fuse when I engage the blades - any ideas? [ 4 Answers ]

The 455 - with a 22hp diesel engine. The fuse blew and the mower would not start. Replaced fuse - now it starts but when I engage the blades the mower dies and fuse is blown again. Any suggestions?

John Deere 318 Lawn tractor ,Mower Blades won't kick in to mow [ 3 Answers ]

:DI have a John Deere 318 been working on for a couple years finally got it going but will not engage the mower blades It used to run good and then it would just shut the blades off. I would let it cool off and start again and it would run the blades for awhile then quit. Now it won't kick in at...

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

View more questions Search