Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jim monaco Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Any ideas? I was thinking a thick mulch smother left on the area for a month or so, then start over with new lawn planting. I thought rototilling would just divide the roots that would spring up again later. I don't want to use chemicals.

The infested area is app. 300 sq. ft. and almost 100% violets. Any ideas on how restore this area to grass?
    ben.bad2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jul 2, 2010, 07:53 PM
    I would use a heavy mil black plastic to kill off the violets. How long to leave it on would depend on conditions, temperature, etc. In summer, a month might work.
    Then rototill and level the area.
    I would look for a pre-emergent also so that seeds do not sprout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prell method of removing semi-permanent color [ 8 Answers ]

Three days a go I dyed my medium, dark brown hair with a black semi-permanent dye (lasts 28 shampoos) and it turned way too black. I tried washing it out with a clarifying shampoo and the Prell method of removal (put it on my dry hair, threw cap over it and blow dried it on hot every now and then,...

Removing ballast cover on fluorescent fixture [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find a way to remove the ballast cover on one of my fluorescent light fixtures. The cover is in the middle of the fixture, and there are wires coming out of the endcaps going to the lightbulbs. (Unlike other fixtures, I do not need to remove the light bulbs to access the ballast cover.) ...

Removing cover from Carrier sideways mount furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Carrier sideways furnace, high efficiency. I have air filters for it but cannot remove the side to get at the old filter to change it to a new one. How do I get the cover off? I don't have a manual because the previous owners didn't leave me one.

Removing a light cover [ 1 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze model L05 52" ceiling fan. How do I remove the light cover to change the light bulb?

Removing cover to replace CD ROM [ 2 Answers ]

How do you remove a cover on a compaq presario 5000 to replace a CD ROM and add a DVD plarer?

View more questions Search