Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nattybug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
    How can my mother evict her husband from her house?
    How can my mother evict her husband from her house. My mother has asked my stepfather to leave her house and he has refused. How can she legally get him out of the house? She owned the house prior to their marriage and his name is NOT on the deed. They do NOT have a mortgage together.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 25, 2010, 11:11 AM
    I would presume that if they have been married for a long time, there would have to be some sort of agreement on the division of assets. Whether he is entitled to marital assets, and what those are, are for their lawyers to work out, with them.

Her best bet is to see a lawyer herself, which she will have to do anyway if they are divorcing. She can ask not only about the house, but also if it is possible to evict him.

I think that is her best bet for getting the knowledge she needs in order to make a decision.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 05:49 AM

She needs to see an attorney ASAP. He can take care of both the divorce and removal of him from the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a son evict his mother? [ 16 Answers ]

My son handed me an eviction notice. I pay my part of the mtg every month, I even helped him put the money down on the home. Now he has a new boyfriend & they want me to leave. Can they make me?

Should my mother put a lien on her house? Evil husband [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hi my mother is considering a divorce with my father. They have been married for 31 years. I am 24, a college graduate, and my brother is 17 in his last year of high school. My father is African and visits his country every three months. He has two other children, excluding my...

Mother to evict son [ 1 Answers ]

My son bought my mothers home over a year ago, she now pays him rent. My 42 year brother has been living with her for seven years, has not worked during this time, does not paying any room or board and refuses too. She has tried for years to get him to move, but she is afraid of him. She has had to...

Can I evict my mother-in-law [ 48 Answers ]

My mother-in-law has lived with me for past 8 years. She was babysitting to earn her personal income. Now I am facing divorce situation but I do not want to divorce but My mother-in-law think the house is belong to her since I moved out temporary already. I visted my kids very often. Eveytime I saw...

My husband trying to evict me [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and his best friend are trying to evict me and gave me 30 days to move out. I don't have enough money to move out and I have a sick dog. Is this Legal? They threatened to change the locks etc... I live in Oregon and don't know the laws. The house is in my husbands name and he may have...

View more questions Search