Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsstrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Laptop montior failed need to access information and retrieve files.
    I need to access the files on a HP laptop (uses XP) that the monitor has failed. What is the best the best way to get the files off the hard drive and off desk top, Considered connecting laptop to TV and considered connecting to another laptop in home that had vista but not sure how to do either. Any sugestions with instructions please.
    maxey553 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 05:17 PM

Most laptops have a VGA connector on them. If you plug a monitor into there, the screen should come up. If not, wait until the computer has fully booted up, then hit the VGA-out key combo (ex. Control F7)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I retrieve files that have been deleted without system recovery? [ 1 Answers ]

System recovery dates do not include the time frame for which I am looking to retrieve the files, so how would I go about getting them? Internet history files by the way.

System keeps restarting! Need to retrieve files off hard drive! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I have an XP system that is failing to boot and keeps restarting itself after the windows XP screen and the bar have appeared. Ive now bought an external hard drive enclosure thinking this would enable me to view my files on the hard drive when I plug it into my vista system,...

Access my files on a computer I don't have physical access to [ 3 Answers ]

Goal: I want to get some files off computerX. Challenge: I do not have physical access to computerX. Info and Access I do have: * computerX is WindowsXP (media edition, I believe) * computerX is connected to a Linksys WRT150N

I also need to retrieve files from hard drive. [ 3 Answers ]

In follow-up and conjunction with another question posted here, I, too, have a NTFS hard drive from another laptop computer that I need to access/salvage. I have already connected it via a USB drive enclosure (USB 2.0 to IDE). It still did not assign a drive letter; all right-click options are...

View more questions Search