Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiredbloke Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Indian Skin trying Kojic Acid
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to lightening. Basically Im a youngish Uk born Indian male. I was really pale when I was young. I was mistaken for white for years. I gradually got darker and darker.

I really wouldn't care but I keep getting comments like what happened? You were so light. Its really getting to me.

Over the last year I have gone really dark (even in covered up places like my chest). This could be due to smoking which I have now quit after only a year but I'm not sure.

Im now probably 2 shades darker than Jay Sean (the Indian singer)

I tred Nur76 for two months and I'm 90% sure it actually made me darker. I got a comment from a mate that I got darker ( He was straight out of South Africa and it was a compliment from him) . Before I used Nur 76 I was like an iranian/Pakistani colour. I couldn't believe it made me darker.

Now to my question (sorry for the rant). I realised that Nur76 has Kojic acid in it after I bought the Kojic soap. Therefore I wanted to know if anyone has noticed Kojic darkenning their skin? And have any other Indians or Pakistanis had any good results with this soap stuff.

Is there anything stronger for Indian skin that's not HQ or illegal in the UK.
    What about L GLUTATHIONE soap? Is that effective.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help.
    Ashtonera Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 03:52 PM

Monobenzone is very strong and very permanent. If you want to get super white/pale, it will do the job. Go to ebay.com and type monobenzone into the search engine, and check out the choices. Warning: It really does work and usually people who have vitilligo use it to turn themselves one color, i.e. the same color as the white splotches... so it will permanently turn whatever part of your body you put it on white. Think long and hard if that's what you want, because its irreversable once its done. Good luck!

May 24, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonera View Post
    monobenzone is very strong and very permanent. If you want to get super white/pale, it will do the job. Go to ebay.com and type monobenzone into the search engine, and check out the choices. Warning: It really does work and usually people who have vitilligo use it to turn themselves one color, i.e. the same color as the white splotches... so it will permanently turn whatever part of your body you put it on white. Think long and hard if thats what you want, because its irreversable once its done. good luck!
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I heard about this stuff but the thing is it seems to have mixed results and can damage skin. I don't want to be white. I just want to be as I was about two years ago still Indian colour but paler.

Ill look into it anyway. Thanks
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 25, 2010, 03:19 AM

Hey mate..

Can be possible its got to do with your diet at home. Or otherwise.

I am Indian too, here in UK and my skins light brown... Used to be pale ish white myself when I was younger and it gets to me too.

Have been trying loads of stuff to no avail. My colour is lighter than many Pakistanis but still not how it used to be . And that's so annoying . I know how you feel .
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

May 25, 2010, 07:45 AM

If it's sun damaged skin.. you can try using lactic acid peels once a week.. start with 40%. Which sunscreen do you use?

May 25, 2010, 08:02 AM

imgorgeous... with the diet... which foods would you need to avoid or have more of?

Thanks
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 25, 2010, 09:02 AM

Well Dizzelll this is just my approach to stuff!

If you notice, its usually the darker races that are into heavy spices.. I would necessarily feel that spices do play a role in complexion.

Cool foods such as cabbage, yoghurt / curd, onions, melons etc. could be good for skin and complexion.

Sugar is stated as a problem for darkening also, Staying away from sugary items is a must.
    Even the intake of salt can be curtailed.

Bitter foods like spinach , broccoli, etc. are certainly good for health as well as the skin .

May 25, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Hey mate..

Can be possible its got to do with your diet at home. or otherwise.

I am Indian too, here in UK and my skins light brown... Used to be pale ish white myself when I was younger and it gets to me too.

Have been trying loads of stuff to no avail. My colour is lighter than many Pakistanis but still not how it used to be . And thats so annoying . I know how you feel .
    Hi, yeah I'm lighter than many Pakistanis too I'm just referring to the lighter ones.

The thing is my diet hasn't changed really so I don't see how I could become this dark from that.

Maybe its just genetic in my family, when my dad aged he got darker too.

I think hormonal changes could also have contributed to this. Ithink smoking increased my testosterone.

May 25, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    if it's sun damaged skin.. you can try using lactic acid peels once a week.. start with 40%. which sunscreen do you use?
    I wanted to use peels but everyone would notice my peeling face afterwards, it would be quite embarrassing as you can imagine. They will all think I'm trying to become white or whatever.

They don't understand its not about looking white its about being my original tone. Im not looking for the jacko look, lol

I don't use sunscreen at the moment but I have recently bought some Boots Soltan face, spf 50 UVA and UVB protection to go with the Kojic soap.

Does using a strong sunscreen alone help to lighten skin?

I know the boots stuff probably isn't the bet but its got good reviews.

May 26, 2010, 01:32 AM

It Takes a week to recover from lactic acid peels...

I don't think soltan's going to cut it..

I would recommend
    " Dermatologists feel that European sunscreens are better than, sunscreens available in the US.

Major Benefits
    a. European Sunscreens contain Mexoryl and Tinosorb, which effectively blocks UV-A rays; that cause skin cancer and accelerates skin aging.
    b. Sunscreens available in US are effective in blocking UV-B rays only.
    b. European sunscreens need not be re-applied again and again.

However, sunscreen with Mexoryl, made by cosmetic company L'oreal. (Which got FDA approval last month) is expected to hit stores by this fall, in the US market"

Sunscreens for sun sensitive people: Understanding UVA, UVB, visible light, and how sunscreens are rated with SPF and PPD.

Beauty Banter: The Truth About Sunblock!!!

Hope that helps.. X

May 26, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Kojic Acid soaps work but they are not permanent. You have to keep using them, and also use sunscreen to maintain results. DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT TRY MONOBENZONE UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR SKIN WITH HORRIBLE WHITE PATCHES. If you do eventually depig completely with Monobenzone you will look sickly pale white!

May 26, 2010, 11:03 AM

imgorgeous.. omg spicey foods. I love spicey curry it's boom :D

May 27, 2010, 06:12 PM

Thanks for all the help Dizzellz112 I appreciate it. I will seriously think about having a peel done.

Imgorgeous, being Indian I think spice is hard to avoid! Lol

Innuendo, Yeh I also read bad things about mono, I guess I won't touch that stuff. Do you have any better solutions than Kojic? As like you said it's a temp solution.
    DR.PRATIBHA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 10:07 AM
    My be u have not taken adequate sun protection.sun protection with spf 30 + is needed.or else there is more melanin pigment production.
    insatiable10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 12:08 AM
    Hey I'm also indian just about to try whitening pills in uk has your skin changed?
    insatiable10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 12:15 AM
    Hi Im indian too what did you eventually try in the uk?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kojic acid cream and soap for skin lightening, does it work? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm aware that there's no such thing as a skin lightening solution that will make your skin whiter like Michael jackson, like what glow2thione scam is claiming. But I want to know if kojic acid cream or soap would make my skin just a bit lighter. Thanks.

Kojic Acid works well for skin lightening [ 11 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I had been struggling with ugly spots and an uneven skin tone for about 7-10 years. Since the onset of my menses. I was trying a lot of skin lightners/ eveners with hydroquinone in them. Ialso tried the visibly even Neutrogena line. Which helped a little but not noticeable...

Amazed With Results! Glycolic Acid and Kojic Acid [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will...

View more questions Search