Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asad_Qazi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 05:45 AM
    Women health
    I am 29 years Old, carrying weight 72Kgs (147Lbs) and a height 5" 2'. I am married since six years ago. But do not have any child. I want to reduce the weight for this purpose I started dieting. Daily diet plan which I prepare is to take one apple in Breakfast after 4-5 hours take a glass of water and in dinner I take only one chappati. I am also taking Fibre tablets, 2 tablets three times in day. My periods is also not regular and almost 5-6 days up and down in every month. I need advise that how can I reduce the weight and which diet plan is suitable for me which will not distort my period cycle. Thank you in advance for kind advise.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2010, 01:38 PM

For a start, that diet will not help you. It has so few calories that your body is likely to stop ovulating entirely.

I suggest you eat two eggs for breakfast. For lunch, eat a small portion of fish and a huge green salad. Tinned fish like sardines had a lot of calcium and vitamin D which is essential for good fertility. For dinner, eat a lean protein, meat or chicken or fish or tofu or cottage cheese, and some green vegetables.

On that diet, you should not need fiber tablets, as you will get plenty from the vegetables. Try to avoid the chappati, it has very little quality nutrition. Make sure you are getting enough protein, healthy fats and vegetables and fruit. If you don't, your body will make it difficult to get pregnant.

Take regular exercise, and try to be generally fit and healthy.

Being 147lb may not be comfortable, but it's certainly not a bar to getting pregnant. A starvation diet is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best health plan for single 46yr old women, [ 1 Answers ]

Will be losing my health coverage soon. Was a group insurance plan. What's the best plan and best company for me. 46 yrs old, non smoker

Women health [ 1 Answers ]

How many caesareans is it safe to have?

Health and women [ 1 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant and still have my period one day after I missed my period?

View more questions Search