Ask
    Chelle42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
    How long will oxycodone 15 milligram stay in bloodstream for blood test
    How long will oxycodone 15 milligram stay in bloodstream for blood test
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 11:00 AM

Why are you worried? If you can present a legitimate doctors prescription it really doesn't matter.

May 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why are you worried? If you can present a legitimate doctors prescription it really doesn't matter.

I have to have a complete blood work up done, I'm having surgery in a few days, didn't tell the surgeon I'm on the oxy's,
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 11:24 AM

Seriously, you better give them a call and let them make that decision than take anything to chance. Because some people may metabolize something faster than another. And you really don't want a chance of an adverse interaction with anything.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 21, 2010, 11:25 AM

Chelle, oxy's need a prescription. To be safe, you should disclose all medications you are taking to your surgeon. It is important for the Anesthesiologists to know what medications/drugs you are taking to help guide the kind and amount of anesthesia to use. It is also important for the surgeon to know so he/she will know what kind and how much pain med you might need in relation to the surgery preformed. They are not law enforcement, they need to know so they can best treat you.

May 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Seriously, you better give them a call and let them make that decision than take anything to chance. Because some people may metabolize something faster than another. And you really don't want a chance of an adverse interaction with anything.

Yeah, I will call them to let them know, I have a legit script for the oxy's, but by not telling the surgeon, I am only possibly harming myself during surgery, didn't want them to know I was taking pain pills before I have surgery from another doctor but I guess I have to.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle42 View Post
    Yeah, I will call them to let them know, I have a legit script for the oxy's, but by not telling the surgeon, I am only possibly harming myself during surgery, didnt want them to know I was taking pain pills before I have surgery from another doctor but I guess I have to.
    Exactly... the worst that can happen is you could die on the table. Just make sure you tell them everything... what you took, how often and the day and time you last took it. They may have to postpone the surgery... or you may be lucky and they will tell you its out of your system.

Certain combinations of drugs can actually INCREASE the effect. Just one of the reasons to make sure your doctor knows everything. They look for certain things on a blood test... they aren't looking for every possible thing. That's why being honest with your doctor is so important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does oxycodone stay in your urine for drug tests? [ 10 Answers ]

How long does oxycodone stay in your urine for drug tests?

How long does xanax stay in your blood [ 1 Answers ]

If someone has took 2 xanax over a period of two days, about how long would it take to get out of their blood and urine? Would the xanax be out of their blood and urine if this was took over a week in a half ago?

How long does hydrocodone stay in blood [ 2 Answers ]

I have been taking hydrocodone 500 or 750 milligrams at least once a day and am having a urine drug screen in twenty 24 hours what should I do? How much will this stay in my system?

View more questions Search