Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gotchababe12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 12:11 PM
    How to be cool in school
    Hello,I want to know like how to act,walk,talk the lot I get a bit self cosious most of the time and a bit silly but I want ways how to be confident and cool and be better with boys cause sometimes I don't think guys like me cause I say all the wrong things and also this might seem a lot but there is aboy at school he is a bit mean but really nice to all the other girls and I haven't had any boyfriends yet!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 12:14 PM

The coolest thing you can do is be yourself.
    I know that sounds like something your Mom would say but it is true.
    You don't want to be a just like everyone else because you will be cheating yourself.
    If you want to stand out in a crowd,be yourself and be proud of the person you are.

May 20, 2010, 12:15 PM

Do you think I have been horrible to this boy?x

May 20, 2010, 12:19 PM

Do you know how to b cool so all the boys will like you x
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gotchababe12 View Post
    Do you know how to b cool so all the boys will like you x
    If you are 12 as I suspect you are ,you are a tad young to be worrying so much about boys liking you. There is no rush!

Just be yourself! If a boy likes you for the person you pretend to be than he isn't really liking you now is he!
    He is liking the fake you and you will have to be that fake person to keep him liking you.
    That is unfair to you and to the boy.

Remember to just be friends and not to worry about anything serious ,you have an entire lifetime for that :)

May 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Hmmm... well I'm 13 really but I'm very mature (sometimes)and I know I shouldn't but like it's nice to talk to someonex about it and I'm sure you're a little older than me so you know more about it and I might say the wrong things sometimes
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 01:14 PM

artlady said it all. Just be you. If you start acting/talking different around certain people, then you start to lose yourself.

On a side note, at this point in your life you should be worrying more about your grades and school work so you can get a good career for yourself down the road. Everything else with the boys just happens naturally.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 01:19 PM

I know having a boyfriend seems like a big deal. But it's really terribly overrated. So are drugs, drinking and sex, while we're on the topic of "cool" things. Somehow teens get this idea that they have to do certain things to be cool.but artlady is right. The coolest thing you can do is be yourself, and be confident in who your are.

And yeah, you probably will say the wrong thing sometimes. I'm pretty sure we all have at one point or another. I know I do it all the time. My manager is actually very good at talking to people. I go to him any time I need help communicating things to people and not sure what the best way is. Guess what. Even he says the wrong things sometimes. We're human. It happens. Having a good sense of humor helps.

Don't stress over what everyone else expects or wants of you.

May 26, 2010, 08:54 AM

Thanks everyone,well I have been trying to find an answer to this question for some time;this boy who I really like askedme to go up the town with him but one minitue he is hardly talks to me and the next he does when he does he takes the mickey like teases me or plas with my hair x
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 10:02 AM

Are you from the us? I'm not familiar with "takes the mickey"? I'm guessing "go up the town" must mean a date?

May 26, 2010, 10:05 AM

Yes that's right I'm english but live in the us please answer my question x
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 10:07 AM

I still think 13 is too young for a boyfriend. Even just for a date. What do your parents say? It's ultimately up to them.

What question are we still leaving unanswered for you?
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

May 26, 2010, 10:21 AM

We can't teach you how to be "fake" someone your not, cause picking this up at a young age is going to make you a fake person when grown up.

Everyone said it, and I agree, be yourself. It's the best person you can be and to try and change that would be a shame.

I wasn't all that popular in middle school, because I was to mature for my age, due to personal reasons. But as everyone else around me matured it was fine.. and that crush after crush, date, after date came and gone.

Just do me a favor, live your life and don't rush anything. Those years really do go by fast! Be yourself

May 26, 2010, 10:27 AM

Thank you I don't want a boyfriend I just want to know if this boy lkesme or not I will get on with my life
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

May 26, 2010, 10:36 AM

Do you like him?
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 11:13 AM

Sounds like he does like you. But he's what? Also 13? He's got a crush on you. Just like, if I read correctly, you have a crush on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Heat pump blows cool air,then warm air, then cool air again [ 5 Answers ]

My heat pump comes on, blows cool air, then hot air, then back to cool air again. The unit also runs for days at a time without ever shutting off, thus causing my electric meter to be moving very fast, and running up my electric bill. It has been running now for 42 straight hours. What can...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

View more questions Search