Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

May 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Water heater thermostats
    Hello, Could anyone suggest what these specifications mean: Wh9 thermostat, 208V through 440/480V. These describe a lower thermostat for an electrical water heater. Do these voltages mean the maximum voltage allowed in the circuit? And why are there several voltages in the description? Appreciate any advice. Thanks, H.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater leak (cold side only) where the nipple meets the water heater [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a water heater and completely installed it. When I turned on the water supply, a very very very slow drip can be observed where the cold water nipple screws into the water heater. I shut off the water, relieved the pressure and unscrewed the nipple. I then re-apply the teflon tape...

I combined 2 old thermostats, one for a propane forced air heater and one an A/C and [ 0 Answers ]

I combined 2 old separate thermostats for totally separate systems into one Hunter thermastat. One was for a propane forced air heater and one is an A/C system. Everything in summer seemed fine. Now with the heater running, warm air is coming out of my A/C's return air vent. I can't understand that...

Electric Hot Water Heater still doesn't heat after replacing thermostats [ 2 Answers ]

Electric Hot water heater was working. Turned well pump off and went on vacation for three weeks. Got back and found I had no hot water. Call Whirlpool, their heater, they told me to replace both upper and lower thermostats after I gave them some voltage and resistive measurements. Replaced...

Can you wire two thermostats to the same Heater [ 1 Answers ]

Have 85,000 BTU forced air furnace which supplies two separate 500 sq.ft offices. Working hours are different in each space with only one thermostat in space one. Can I add therm. In space two supply and return air are not a problem. Adding therm in space two will alleviate the problem of tenant...

Heater thermostats [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to turn on the heat, the thermostat will let a/c run but not the heat.. could this be a bad thermostat?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search