Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyhatfield Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 08:38 AM
    I have a lien on my ex-husbands house and properties. Do I have to renew the lien?
    I put a lien on my ex-husbands house and property for the back child support that he owes me.I have been told that I have to go to the courthouse and renew that lien ever so many years. Is this true and how often if it is true.We both live in Tennessee.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2010, 09:25 AM

Who told you this? It is certainly possible that the rules require this. Why not ask the county clerk or recorder of deeds?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 18, 2010, 03:54 PM

Is the figure on the lien straight forward or has there been changes to the amount?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 04:32 PM

Normally liens are not renewed, but judgements have to be.

But if in doubt, as noted check with your attorney who did the court work, and/or check with the local recorder of deeds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House lien [ 2 Answers ]

Can a credit card company put on lien on home property if so how can get the lien off

Lien on a house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question concerning a house that was in my grandmothers and fathers names. She has passed and now the only name on the house is my fathers. We did not know it at the time but she ran up a quite considerable credit card debt. He creditors are now telling my father that they are going to...

Tax lien properties [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering bidding on tax lien property. After purchasing how difficult is it to clear the title and how long would I have to wait to flip the property?:confused:

Lien on house [ 2 Answers ]

If Some One Puts A Lien On Your House ( In New York State ) Can That Person Get Control , Own Your House From Under You? And How Long Does The Lien Stay On The House, Just Till You Go To Sell Or For Ever Thank You Please Help...

Lien on House [ 2 Answers ]

One of our past clients has owed us money since August 2006. I would really like to collect the money but she won't pay. The first time she paid she wrote us a bad check, now we can't seem to collect the money because she has none in the acct. I want to file a lien on her house, how do I do...

View more questions Search