Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LexieLovesHim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Loved the same guy, my ex, for about two years.

Well I'm completely clueless on what to do. Explaining this from the beginning:

Three years ago I switched schools. I already knew this one guy there that my friend from my old school knew. I had talked to him a bit here and there.
    At first when I met him I absolutely hated him. He liked me from the first day we started talking and he came on too strong and had little confidence.

He didn't give up. He asked me out a couple times. I said no. Life goes on. Months past. It was December of my first year of going to that school. I didn't really hate this guy anymore. I just pushed him out of my life. We'd talk here and there. He got a girlfriend. I don't remember our conversations then but I remember him saying it took a while for him to get over me.

So then we started talking. I don't know... I think I was jealous of his girlfriend.

I had this feeling "we're meant to be together" and I thought I was crazy.

Time goes on. It's February. Things didn't work out with that one girl. I got one of my friends to ask him out for me.

He said yes. And it was awkward at first. But we talked more and more. And more months went by.

We went out almost the whole school year. We broke up for a couple days at a time sometimes, because I admit we're still in school, and still immature people.

But he was my best guy friend and my boyfriend. We talked to each other every minute of the day. We talked about anything and everything.

He was my first kiss, I was his. And looking back on this I feel like a little kid. This all seemed to happen so long ago, though...

Anyway, there's many reasons I loved him and why he loved me. Im not going to list them all, I'm just going to say we had few problems.

We went out over the summer. And in the beginning of the school year. Then he broke up with me in December, saying he didn't feel the same way about me...

And I was a wreck at first. It consumed every.moment. Of. My. Life. I didn't know I could be that sad. My whole personality was altered just until a few months ago... and I'm still not in control of who I am.

A few times we've been friends with benefits.

And people say he still likes me. One of his best friends that's a girl(and one of my best friends-we had a lot of the same friends) says he still likes me and he's denying it.

He stopped talking to me for a while. He said if he talked to me again then he'd start to like me again. And I went out of my way to try to see what was going on with him. A few times he said he still had feelings for me. But now... nahhhh.

But really, he hates everyone I go out with. I asked him why he does and all he says is, "you know why". And whenever we talk, he usually is making fun of my current boyfriend. And he always mutters things under his breath...

I try to go out with people but I can't get over this guy. I've lover him since December of... 2008 I think. Yeah..

I want to go back out with him. But not publicly. I think that's why we broke up last time... because people were saying stuff.

I love this guy.. but he's so stubborn. Sometimes we still talk like we go out but we can't get past that.

I feel sorry for whoever reads this all... but I want any advice I can get. Because I can't wait for him to get mature. That'd take a while...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 08:09 AM

You guys have never broken up or healed from a break up. You keep each other around and keep old feelings stirred up even though you have another boy friend.

You will always have these confusing intense feelings, as long as you keep each other close, but do nothing about it.

Leave each other alone, so you both can heal from each other properly.

And keep your friends out of your business, because they are no smarter than you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two years together, she said she loved me, wanted to marry me and left for another [ 34 Answers ]

I have never written on one of these sites before - I don't even know if there are many of them around? What I do know is that despite my best attempts to occupy myself and try and distract myself, I cannot get my mind off the girl. I first met her (lets call her Kelly) when I was 24 and she was...

My girlfriend of 5 years left me for another guy because of LDR, what do I do now? [ 43 Answers ]

My ex and I have been together for 5 years already. During that period, we had a lot of big fights. 4 things that I considered really big: 1. She saw my cellular phone and saw a message from one of my friends from school. It was harmless. But she overreacted. 2.she caught me cheating online,...

Scared to Let go guy of 4 years. [ 87 Answers ]

6 Threads merged I will see my ex soon because we are both in a social circle that will cause us to be in the same room. My feelings are good. I'm no longer interested. I was crazy in love with him. Was together for almost 4 years. Had a lot of up and downs... dealing with a indecisive...

I love a guy whose 12 years older than me [ 22 Answers ]

I love someone who is 12 years older than me and I'm only 16. Legally we can't be together but we both love each other. I feel almost stupid when I ask him to wait for me but he means so much to me and I can't ever stop thinking about him and this has been going on for a while. What should I do?

I like a guy 2 years older than me. [ 20 Answers ]

Yesh, he's 12 and I'm 10. But many people say that's not a lot, or age doesn't matter, because I sure think it probably does. But I'm thinking about joining the boys and girls club soon, with my friends, so I won't have to be alone to talk to him. You see, I only see him on his scooter outside my...

View more questions Search