Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 01:46 PM
    Is there anything I can do if I can not pay my P.O and my classes
    I was charged wit fighting and they want me to pay a probation fee of $144 a month and they want me to take classes for anger management withc cost $60 a class what can I do if I can't pay for all of this
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2010, 01:58 PM

Talk to your PO and explain.
    It may not do any good but it is better than ignoring the issue.
    Most PO's expect you to be employed as a part of your probation.
    If you are working you may have to do a breakdown sheet that explains where your money is going,penny for penny.
    In my experience there is no way around this except doing time for the crime.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2010, 03:01 PM

Yes talk to the PO, they may want proof that you are talking to dozens and dozens of places to find a job if you are not working. And they may want you to explain where every penny you do earn goes to.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 12, 2010, 03:22 PM

I've never heard of a monthly probation fee of $144 a month. Is there some sort of restitution that is incorporated into your monthly fee?

If part of your monthly probation fee is for a restitution you need to at least pay your monthly regular probation supervision fee and then ask the PO to ask the Judge to extend your probation so that you can pay off your restitution and not violate your probation. Otherwise you will be violated and possibly end up in jail with a VOP

As for the anger management class you are court ordered to take this class. You'll be either taking this class outside of jail or inside of jail as the Judge ordered this for you so you'd better get busy and find the money somewhere and find the time to attend this class.

If all else fails ask the PO just how much time you have to do in jail so that you don't have to come up with this money? You could possibly do weekends in jail over a period to "pay off your debt".
    nick36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Talk to your PO and explain.
    It may not do any good but it is better than ignoring the issue.
    Most PO's expect you to be employed as a part of your probation.
    If you are working you may have to do a breakdown sheet that explains where your money is going,penny for penny.
    In my experience there is no way around this except doing time for the crime.
    You see I all ready talked to my P.O and she said she dose not care how I get the money as long as I get it she all so said I am just making excuses and I told her I have 2 pay 4 my house pills and probation and classes on a part time job so like there is no way around that
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick36 View Post
    ya see i all ready talked to my P.O and she said she dose not care how i get the money as long as i get it she all so said iam just makin excuses and i told her i have 2 pay 4 my house pills n probation and classes on a part time job so liek there is no way around that
    Sad to say ,it sounds like you are in a world of crap.
    I suspect there must be a way to petition the court and ask for some leniency.Not sure about that but I would look into it.

I think you may need to get another job to pay for this.
    Bottom line,you don't comply ,you go to jail.

Contact the people at the anger management class and ask them if there is a way to make a payment arrangement.Wish I had other solutions but you do have to find a way to do what is court ordered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DV classes [ 7 Answers ]

:mad: Last October I was taking in for a DV charge misdemeanor . I went to court and now I have to do the classes and a pay fine, I have no motivation to go to the classes because I don't think that they apply to me. What will happen if I decide not to go to class or meet with a po?

Classes [ 1 Answers ]

In fl when you get divorced it is required to take a children first in divorce class. What if the other parent doesn't take it?

What classes should I take ? [ 1 Answers ]

IF I want to do something in engineering what classes should I take in high school and what classes in University? Anyone knows? Thanks :)

What classes [ 3 Answers ]

School starts in 2 weeks and I was wondering what classes would be the best to have on my transcript for forensic science and such.

Classes [ 1 Answers ]

Would you please correct this if necessary One day, I had an idea that if I could convince the company to start a GED program at their facility, it would be conveyance for me. Therefore, when I got off from work, I wouldn’t have to drive some twenty-nine miles to school to take the GED classes...

View more questions Search