Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    just2behistear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Atoms, molecules, ions, or none of these?
    A solid composed of which of the following would be expected to conduct an electric current: atoms, molecules, ions, or none of these?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 15, 2010, 12:20 AM

What are the requirements for a substance to conduct electricity?

- Free/mobile/de-localised electrons
    - Mobile ions

Where can you find these in the given suggestions?

What do you think? Post it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Affecting concentrations of Cr2O4 ions and Cr2O7 ions with acids and bases [ 1 Answers ]

Considering CH3COOH, K2SO4, KOH, NH3, Ca(OH)2 and C2H5OH, why do some affect a concentration of Cr2O4-2 or Cr2O7-2 and others do not?

For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? [ 1 Answers ]

PbCl2(s) = Pb+2(aq) + 2Cl -(aq). For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? I know the Atomic weight is 35.45 but how do you change grams to moles?

Atoms, ions and isotopes [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a wee bit confused here. An isotope is an atom (or is it a molecule?) that has the same number of electrons as another atom/molecule of the same element but has a different number of nucleons, right? For example, Cl 35 and Cl 37 are isotopes just like C 12 and C 14. However,...

Atoms, ions etc. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We're studying something about monatomic ions, but first of all I'd like to ask something about ions in general. Now I'm not so sure what an ion is, am I correct in thinking that an ion is an atom that has lost or gained an electron? In that case it would be different than an...

Atoms and ions [ 1 Answers ]

If neutral atoms become positive atoms do they gain or lose electrons?

View more questions Search