Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

May 10, 2010, 10:49 AM
    After effects of gallbladder removel or what
    I had my gall bladder taken out about 4 months ago and ever since I have had stomach problems, I have constant loose stools and stomach cramps, but for the last 5 days I have had horrible stomach cramps followed by violent dirreha and it has not subsided, no fever no vomiting, just in the bathroom every 5 min literally, I have lost 9 lbs in the last five days and I feel misrible, I don't have insurance right now and I can't see racking up another hospital bill, do you guys think its just part of the gallbladder thing or do I need to suck it up and go to the doc
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 10, 2010, 12:18 PM

I think you should go to the ER. The emergency room will have to treat you regardless of your ability to pay. These symptoms probably are related to having your gall bladder removed, but that does not make them any less serious.

May 10, 2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks! I was starting to think I should just go
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

May 19, 2010, 08:09 PM

Same thing happened to me aftger surgery. It still goes on to this day its been 7 years now. It did get some what better but I take meds. A lot and it helps. Good luck!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 03:58 PM

I've had the same problem. Chronic diarrhea is something up to 20% of all gallbladder surgery patients have to deal with. The good news is that it usually gets better. The bad news is that it is usually a slow and annoying process.

I was told that the diarrhea is caused by too much bile in the intestinal tract. The gallbladder stores bile, so when it is removed, there is less regulation on how much bile is produced.

My doctor told me to eat more fiber and add bananas, rice, tea, toast applesauce, and yogurt to my diet. I've also had some good luck with probiotic yogurt, such as Activia.

Most diarrhea is a nuisance, but if it gets severe you could get dehydrated or have an electrolyte imbalance. For severe cases you will need to visit the doctor,

May 25, 2010, 04:21 PM

Thank you all! My grandma has had the same problem for 31 years now but I was just hoping it was not the same with me, I have also herd that a high percentage ofgallbladder removal patients wind up with IBS I hope that is not the case with me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gallbladder what can I [ 2 Answers ]

I have gallbladder diease I'm afraid to eat because it makes me worse and I was told to eat veg. and friut but there has to be something else for me to eat.. someone please help

Trustninja removel [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of trustninja? Can't seem to get rid of it

Removel of content [ 2 Answers ]

14 yr old looked up content that he shouldn't have how do I remove this from computer ?

Stain removel [ 10 Answers ]

What's the best stain remover to get baby food stains from my baby's clothes that I could buy in the uk? Thanks

Rust removel [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know if there a safe way to remove rust from a galvanized gas tank (plymounth acclaim 94 model) or is it cheaper to buy new one?

View more questions Search