Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wackerfire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
    1995 honda civic won't start, it turns over fine
    This morning I got into my 1995 Honda Civic EX 5-speed to go to work. I started it up (normal length) and it ran for about 1-2 seconds and shut off. I started it up again and it just cranked and cranked. I thought the starter sounded a little different than normal after the original startup. Batteries aren't the culprit, the car starts to smell like gasoline if you crank it for a little bit, all the belts were recently replaced, oil's good, has 174k miles; first 'broken down' problem I've ever had. My father in law was thinking it could either be the fuel injector or maybe a crank sensor or something...
    Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 03:01 PM

If the CEL comes on and goes off after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), and you can hear the fuel pump run, during this interval, then replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1995 honda civic turns over won't start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Civic and I need help. The problem is it turns over but won't always start. The key turns over the lights go off but it won't start. I believe that my dad changed out the distributor and cap and plugs and I think the coil if it is inside where the distributor is. It doesn't done...

Honda civic 1995 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I know TXgreasemonkey is so knowledgeable, I'm hoping I might get some advice.. My 1995 Honda Civic (75K, 4 owners, manual) started missing and sputtering about a year ago. This was a few months after I'd drained the battery completely leaving the lights on in long term parking. (I...

1995 Honda Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

This morning my car started and I went to drop someone off turned the car off , tried to start it to leave and it wouldn't start. All of the lights come on, radio comes on, there is a full charge on the battery, no clicking, nothing happens when I try to crank it over.

1995 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

How would I tell if the ignition switch is bad?

My 1995 Honda Civic DX won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

The other night, I went to go start my Civic, and to my surprise, the engine turned over and all of the lights and gadgets came on but the engine would just not start. It just whined as if it was trying to start but just could not catch. I've tried checking the battery and even boosted it but it...

View more questions Search