Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 01:32 PM
    Yup.another rescue kitten
    I had a friend, who's momma kitty passed away giving birth :( poor thing.
    Well she tried to care for them all, and kept them all alive, there were 5 kittens. I went over and fell in love with one, and took him home. They are 6 weeks old exactly as of today. I've had him for a week now.

This baby is not eating. He started eating. And was doing great. But now he won't eat, he is suckling on our necks and crying all the time.

I checked him for bowel obstruction (because we had clumping litter that he was eating) we got rid of the clumping litter since he won't stop munching the litter.

He doesn't have any respitory infections, no worms or other paracites that I can tell. He is pooping well even though he isn't eating.

We have tried to give him bottled kitten formula with nipples, he won't take them. We try wet kitten food. We try dry kitten food soaked in formula.

Any ideas? I was tempted to test him for anemia but unfortunately I don't have the equiptmetn with me, and I can't take them from school obviously. But his gums are pink so I don't think its anemia.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 01:57 PM

Aww sad. :( I hope you can get him to start eating. Maybe try feeding him wet food by hand? I'ts kind of gross but it could work, or use a baby spoon and let him lick it off it.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 02:08 PM

We have been doing that. He eats a bite or two that we put in his mouth but he always turns his head away. At first I figured maybe he just isn't hungry, but he has been like this for 24 hours now.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 2, 2010, 03:08 PM

Sounds like he's sad. The newness of your house has worn off, and now he misses his siblings.

Is there any way you could take him to visit his siblings? Maybe he'll eat when he's around them.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 03:14 PM

1 of them is stll there. We can go visit I'm sure. That's a good idea. She is keeping that kitten. The others have new homes now.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 2, 2010, 03:25 PM

It just sounds he's heartsick. Five weeks is awful young for him to lose his entire family and move to a new one.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 04:50 PM

Jennie, I can't help you with the cat. My wife rescued one that I'd be willing to let go cheap. Sorry, just not a cat guy. I love dogs though. Always had one, always will.

I just wanted to say hello. It's good to see you here. I sure hope you're doing better than the last time I talked to you.

God bless you.

How is your daughter doing?
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 05:08 PM

Lol hi joe :) how have you been?
    She is good. Finally getting the help she needs from the school, they finally filed all the papers on her Aspergers, but filed it as Autistic, because they said that getting any kind of services for aspergers is difficult but autism will get them everything she needs a lot faster. She has a weigthed vest in class, and the right to leave the room to go to the sensory break room. She is doing much better. Now I just need to graduate from school and get us out of this dang house away from my controlling abusive parents. Lol. And aylas world will be so much easier. Mine too.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    lol hi joe :) how have you been?
    she is good. finally getting the help she needs from the school, they finally filed all the papers on her Aspergers, but filed it as Autistic, because they said that getting any kind of services for aspergers is difficult but autism will get them everything she needs alot faster. she has a weigthed vest in class, and the right to leave the room to go to the sensory break room. she is doing much better. now i just need to graduate from school and get us out of this dang house away from my controlling abusive parents. lol. and aylas world will be so much easier. mine too.
    It's good to hear that all is well. I have no idea what a "weighted vest" is? Care to explain?
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 05:48 PM

a weghted vest looks a lot like a life vest, those rubber air things to prevent drowinging on boats you know? But its cloth, and it has lead inside it. It's a great deal like those lead vests and covers used to protect you when getting an x-ray. But its softer, and in vest form. It helps her sensory wise and calms her down a great deal.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    lol hi joe :) how have you been?
    she is good. finally getting the help she needs from the school, they finally filed all the papers on her Aspergers, but filed it as Autistic, because they said that getting any kind of services for aspergers is difficult but autism will get them everything she needs alot faster. she has a weigthed vest in class, and the right to leave the room to go to the sensory break room. she is doing much better. now i just need to graduate from school and get us out of this dang house away from my controlling abusive parents. lol. and aylas world will be so much easier. mine too.
    My brother has Aspergers. It's a pain trying to get him the help that he needs.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    My brother has Aspergers. it's a pain trying to get him the help that he needs.
    How old is he?
    This is why it's a good thing, that they medical field are trying to do away with the DX of aspergers, and change it to ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and make it all the same group. It will help the aspergers and high functioning autistic kids get the help they need without jumping through hoops trying to prove he needs it. When my DD was dx'd with aspergers before the school wrote autism, we had NO help, because the district was convinced that she was just another problem child.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 3, 2010, 05:24 AM

Hey Jennie, I don't know much about cats, but has she already been de wormed? A lot of times when they eat things like litter or rocks, it's a sure sign that they have worms. A lot of times when kittens and puppies are born, they have worms. Does she show any signs of fleas?
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 06:43 AM

No no worms. But worms is accually something I hadn't thought of before. Thanks. He ate some kitten formula for me last night. And now today seems to be a normal playfull kitten this morning lol. I will update as soon as I have more details

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comedy bachelor party scene included the boys hitting pingpong balls from her.. yup [ 2 Answers ]

Comedy movie,1 scene the bachelor party, had the men hiyying ping pong balls from the strippers... yup

So, yup. She wants a break. She is nervous about us and is not sure why. [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sure I'll get all the same answers I read about other peoples breaks on here but sometimes it just feels good to write about it. I am twenty seven and have had about 4 girlfriends in my life, each of them lasting about a year or less. Three months ago I started chatting with a girl I've...

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

Yup, that's right. [ 18 Answers ]

… Another “I’m having relationship problems” thread Ok so here's how it goes – After getting to know a girl and being ‘complicated’ (romantic friendship, basically) for 3 months it eventuated into a relationship. After about one month things began to speed up. This was something I wasn’t quite...

The Castle, again, yup, again. [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay kids, it's time to move back into the castle. We've made a few more changes. We now have a pool with a swim up bar, and of course the waiters, hi boys. ;) The piranahs didn't make it but the alligators are doing well, watch out though, they're hungry. I've purchased a few guard...

View more questions Search