Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corr5555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 06:14 AM
    Toilet makes a hmmm sound after flushing
    Humming sound coming from pipes after toilet is flushed.
    What causes this and how do I stop it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2010, 06:32 AM

: What you hear is the washer vibrating against the ballcock seat. You can go at this two ways. (1) you can lower the pressure by turning the angle stop located below the tank until the noise stops or, (2) you can shut off the stop and remove the three screws on top and cup your hand over the top and just crack the stop enough to flush out any trash that may be in there. After you do that pull the washer out of its holder and flip it over in its holder and reinstall the top and float. One of the two should do the trick. If not click on back and we will go to plan B. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes the water keeps flushing in the toilet, it won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush, the deposit goes down, then water comes up and continues to run as if the water just circulates forever... well, until I open the led and shake the black container.

What makes a toilet bowl loose water immediately after flushing [ 0 Answers ]

I have two toilets back to back on the same level; one in the main hall bathroom and the other in the master bedroom's bathroom. Both toilets when they are flushed are not flushing correctly and they both fill up almost to the lip of the toilet and then over a short period of about two to three...

Loud sound when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I get this loud humming sound when I flush my toilet for a minute or less, what could it be?

View more questions Search