Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazbai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 03:14 PM
    My 21 months old daughter cries when we take her into a restaurant.
    My 22 months old daughter gets herself in a right state of crying fearfully when we take her out to places such as restaurants. She gets upset when people come to the house and even with relatives she has known for ages! Tried comforting her when she gets in a state and attempting to occupy her with books or drawing on paper. This calms her for a minute until she looks around and we are back to square one. Just hoping she would have got over all that by now. As she has always been like it. Really upsetting at the moment as want her to enjoy things with me and go places together.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 03:17 PM
    This is perfectly normal for her age. She'll grow out of it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 05:04 PM

You said she has always been this way? Was she a high needs baby... easily upset... needing a good deal of attention?
    Does she sleep through the night? Any night terrors? Does she play on her own for any length of time or does she require constant checking in with you? Does she interact with other children her age? Is she an only child?
    shazbai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    You said she has always been this way?? Was she a high needs baby...easily upset....needing a good deal of attention?
    Does she sleep through the night? Any night terrors? Does she play on her own for any length of time or does she require constant checking in with you? Does she interact with other children her age? Is she an only child?
    She was a high needs baby and easily upset. She has always been good at sleeping through the nights. Does sometimes wake up but we just find her dummy reassure her and she goes back off to sleep. She does play on her own quite hapily but also enjoys me to join in. She loves playing with other children and very socialable in that sense. She is not the only child I have a 5 month old which she tries to mother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is 14 and has had her period for 3 months straight . Is this normal ? [ 4 Answers ]

She always gets her period regularly but it has lasted this time for 3 months straight . Sometimes its blood and sometimes its not .

Ex hasn't seen daughter in 18 months, and has paid no child support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my ex hasn't seen my daughter since March 2008. I have full physical custody and, we share legal custody. He was ordered to pay child support in May 2008. The judge also stated I could have the support payments start from the day I petioned the papers and, that he would also have to pay...

20 yr old daughter left house 4 months ago but won't get her belongings [ 17 Answers ]

Step-Daughter left one day after an argument we had. She quit her job she was not going to school, so we were on her. She was lying to us for months about school and work, not helping around the house etc... So she leaves comes back a couple timesto get something's. But now we want everything out....

My daughter is 17 months old and has had a cough for more than a week [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 17 months old and has had a cough for more than a week almost 2 weeks. She has a little bit of a runny nose and has a weird cough. She coughs andits loud and sounds like there is mucus in her throat. When she coughs she has a coughing attack and almost vomits. She doesn't really...

My 14 Year-Old Daughter is 5 Months Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

Of course my heart is broken, however, I love my daughter more than words can express and she is pregnant. My daughter is 14 and her boyfriend is 16. I'm not interested in pursing action regarding the age of the boy, but is it illegal for a 16 Year-Old boy to have sex with a 14 Year-Old girl? ...

View more questions Search