Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 26, 2010, 03:03 AM
    Mono
    ok I just ready something online at a hospital's web library that said you can get mono from someone that has had it before even if it has passed in that person. I have been very tired and lathargic for the last three days and my throat has had a tiny amount of pain it in. That may be due to my constent yawning which is a side effect of my depression medication. I have absolutely no fever thus far.

Past few weeks i have been doing a lot of physical exercise (hiking and what not) so my body has been pretty sore lately. Matter of fact I got a work out three days ago and my stomach muscles have hurt ever since (like I just worked out). Today the muscle pain is almost gone completely even in the stomach.

A couple questions....
    1.) May I have Mono or is it just general Exhaustion?
    2.) If I have mono can i spread it to someone that has already had it? (that website said "once you have had mono and the symptoms are gone, they are gone for good))
    3.) If it's exhaustion, what can I do to recover faster? (I have a kayaking trip planned for tuesday....)

At a loss, but as tired as I have been, reason has gone right out the window. I can't concentrate and I just all around do not want to leave my bed. The last time I slept like this I had been really stressed but that was only a two day stretch and I don't really feel stressed. So anyone medically inclined enough to help me out here?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 03:55 AM

You do not have mono.

It is just general exhaustion.

Mono would be on going for months. This is just from your medication, exercise and stress that is wearing down on your body.

Apr 26, 2010, 04:03 AM

Good to hear that. I was afraid there for a moment. Well I was beginning to think I was wrong about the mono but I just wanted to be sure. First couple days were pretty bad, that's why I thought it might be there. Today is not that great either, but honestly I have been way over exerting my body and I think that it is taking a toll far greater than I thought it would
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 04:11 AM

It could be other just everyday or week infections too. You have no fever which means it is not that series whatever it may be. I honestly think it is just a combination of everything.

Apr 26, 2010, 04:21 AM

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I may have something wrong with me but I just think I am generally tired out and need a little break. I think a break would do me some good. Guess I will take one on Wednesday lol. Can't not go kayaking, that would be a crime. Guess I can take it slow down the river though, no big deal there. I got all day Tuesday. Just pack a lunch and enjoy myself. No stressing my body, just float and steer.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 04:25 AM

And wear a life jacket too.

Apr 26, 2010, 04:26 AM

Of course. I am ending up on a bigger lake in a river kayak. I am not taking my chances with not wearing one.

Apr 26, 2010, 04:34 AM

I don't want to die. If I were on a smaller lake, I wouldn't be that worried about it, but if I can't swim from one side of the lake to the other then I am not going to chance not wearing a life jacket. My luck I will get all the way out there and the kayak will have a huge hole and will sink lol. Or if I am really slow and unlucky I will get run over by a barge! That would really suck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 05:50 AM
    If you are constantly yawning from the medication, have you reported this to your doctor? This is sometimes a very unwanted side effect that, in some medications, can be permanent.

Apr 26, 2010, 07:33 AM

Yeah j9. Thanks for the concern however I can deal with that side effect if the medication is working. Its just a little more yawning than usual. And I don't do it when occupied. Should be fine.

Maybe if it will always be like that I should tell her again and ask if that is a risk. Thanks.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 07:48 AM
    I had mono and the symptoms lasted for a week.

I got it because I was getting up five days a week at 5:00 am, hanging out at night and raging on the weekends. I was getting about 5 hours of sleep a night, I need at least 8 to feel refreshed, 9 to be energized. It lasted all summer and then it finally caught up with me at the tail end of it.

I was convinced I had mono when I woke up in the middle of the night and my sheets were soaked in sweat. The stains left on my mattress had the outline of my body, it looked like the shroud of Turin. The kicker: my glands in my neck where so swollen, that my neck was as wide as my head and I have quite the squash on my shoulders.

So, pay attention to your glands, that's usually how you can tell.

Apr 26, 2010, 05:56 PM

Hmmm, thanks slapshot. At least I know what to look for. Thirds are killing me here I need to get some more sleep. Continuous sleep for once. I don't think I have slept a strait 8 hours in over a year... sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to get Mono from [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been eager to use mono for sometime now and I purchased some from the .net area. However, it did not come.. So I guess they duped me as they kept asing me to wait till it comes.. Now when I try disputing from Paypal ,the customer service tells me that since its over 45 days...

Do not do mono! [ 47 Answers ]

I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.....

Do I have mono now? [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been hanging out with this guy I really LIKE! ON msn he asked me to hang out again... at the skating ring but we never skate I was spending the night with one of my friends she was there with me... but anyway there are a lot of people inside so me,my friend,and two other people (who...

Could I have mono. [ 3 Answers ]

Could I have mono.. I have sharp pains (almost like hunger pains) in my upper stomach, in between ribs, my head feels heavy, headache, a sore neck, sore throat, stuffy nose, tired...

Mono [ 2 Answers ]

Alternative medicines for mono in a 16 year old of homopathic sures for such

View more questions Search