Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bea Palmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Judgement
    After being awarded my judgement in court, how do I file it against an individuals credit rating? New York State.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Hello Bea:

What you do is go after his assets. The credit bureaus will find the judgment in the public record of your courthouse. They look at those records every day.

If you know where he banks, you can levy on his bank account. If you know where he works, you can garnish his paycheck. If you know where he owns property, you can file a lien against it. You can hire a collection agency to do this for you.

excon
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Mail each credit bureau a copy of the judgment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have a joint checking & savings account together. I have a "renewed" judgement from my previous marriage of 15 years ago. Can this bank who has renewed this judgment attach or freeze my boyfriend's and my account? Also can they garnish my wages at work? I currently make...

Judgement [ 3 Answers ]

My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new...

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

... Will you receive something in the mail notifying of a judgement against you... or can the creditor just get a judgement against you... and garnish wages and/or bank accounts without you knowing...

Judgement Against Me [ 3 Answers ]

Will A Judgement Against Me Cause Problems With My Husband Getting A Refinance On Our House?

View more questions Search