Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravenmoon43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 02:03 AM
    What do I do when my toilet bubbles when my washer drains
    We have a well. Over the past month the washer will drain and the toilet will bubble. Would like to know what to do.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2010, 06:21 AM

You have a partial clog in the drainage line. Let me explain what's happening. Your washer unloads. The discharge picks up speed and bangs into the partial clog in the line and starts to rebound back pushing a bubble of air ahead of it. This is what you see in the f toilet. Then, because it's not completely blocked the discharge drains away before anything overflows. This can only get worse. The drainage line that services the toilet needs to be snaked out or if you're on a septic tank it should be checked to see if it needs to be pumped. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st floor toilet bubbles when upstairs washer drains [ 2 Answers ]

I am a builder and have a homeowner in a new home with a concern about bubbles in the first floor toilet when the upstairs washer runs the rinse cycle. My plumber has gone under the house and moved the tie in for the washer as far as possible form the toilet. He has also inspected the lines with...

Toilet bubbles when bathroom sink drains [ 1 Answers ]

Old cabin... bathroom toilet bubbles when bath or kitchen sink are draining ? I wonder why?

Toilet bubbles when wash machine drains [ 3 Answers ]

Why does my toilet bubble when the wash machine drains,what could be the problem,

Washer drains, then toilet bubbles? [ 13 Answers ]

I noticed last night as the washer drained, the toilet bubbled, then drained, in another part of the house. The bathtub also made gurgling noises. Is this a blocked sewer pipe? Thanks!

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

View more questions Search