Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 06:39 PM

Well looks like everyone is against my ideas. Although I think a comment section is worth more then reddies or greenies.

That is just my opinion. It might be going against the grain but honestly comments matter more.

Not a greeny and not a reddy.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 06:52 PM

Joe I'm sorry.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 06:55 PM

Listen girl, do you think we are the first ones to tell her this? Nothing ANYONE says be it you, me, her mother or some schmuck off the streets, she ISN'T going to leave until SHE is ready to leave. Kit you know that as well as I do, and we know that better than anyone else.

Did you not have friends and family telling you how you were in a wrong situation, but what was it that made YOU decide to leave? I bet 100 chances to 1 that it wasn't some sappy heart to heart. Something clicked inside of you.

You DID not let her down, you fought for her, and you made her see what a serious situation she is in. She already knows something is wrong other wise she wouldn't be writing in for help. That girl got a lot of sound advice.

Kitty, believe me chick, I know what it's like to let your emotions run away with you, frig it's happened to me more times than I would like to admit.

The only one you let down was you, by leaving. I hope you are only taking a break. I hope you just needed time to clear your head. You know how we all feel about you.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Well Everybody countered and that girl needs to either take the advice or not.

Nothing anyone can do and no one can force somebody to make change. They have to do it themselves and want that change.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:13 PM

Since you guys are commenting on it. I went and read the thread and I see one thing everyone missed. But Im going to stay away from that thread so not to add to the confusion. None of you mentioned that her perfect man has a mental problem BECAUSE he is in the military. Id bet dollars to doughnuts he has PTSD and this is only the beginings of the symptoms. And yes, she needs to leave and not look back.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Since you guys are commenting on it. I went and read the thread and I see one thing everyone missed. But Im going to stay away from that thread so not to add to the confusion. None of you mentioned that her perfect man has a mental problem BECAUSE he is in the military. Id bet dollars to doughnuts he has PTSD and this is only the beginings of the symptoms. And yes, she needs to leave and not look back.
    Bella... and Calidorf... and Joe.. you all touch my hearts.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:15 PM

That;s not always the cause dad. My father spent almost 30 years as an under water weapons tech, basically setting up under water land mines and welding under water. He never beat me or my mother.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 07:17 PM

Wow, that is a good point. Never thought of that and your right. Everyone did miss that. PTSD is so common like you have said but even with that, she needs to get out no matter. Whether that is the cause or not, does not matter. The violence is series and she needs to leave no matter the cause.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    That;s not always the cause dad. My father spent almost 30 years as an under water weapons tech, basically setting up under water land mines and welding under water. He never beat me or my mother.
    Im sorry to disagree but men of your dads caliber are not made in the generations of today. In today's world there is a lot of good men and women that come back as different people after having been in the theater of war. Its sad but true. Also much of today's war IS like a video game until it gets real. Then many are having a tough time dealing with it. Right now our armies are consuming vast amounts of antidepresiants while being in the theater. They are taking them in record numbers because of the shock they are going through. Its ugly.. its war.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper1976 View Post
    Wow, that is a good point. Never thought of that and your right. Everyone did miss that. PTSD is so common like you have said but even with that, she needs to get out no matter. Whether that is the cause or not, does not matter. The violence is series and she needs to leave no matter the cause.
    PTSD is very common now. A comment section instead of reddies or greenies?
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:30 PM
    [QUOTE=califdadof3;2332447]Im sorry to disagree but men of your dads caliber are not made in the generations of today. In today's world there is a lot of good men and women that come back as different people after having been in the theater of war. Its sad but true. Also much of today's war IS like a video game until it gets real. Then many are having a tough time dealing with it. Right now our armies are consuming vast amounts of antidepresiants while being in the theater. They are taking them in record numbers because of the shock they are going through. Its ugly.. its war.[/QU

Well my father has been to war, he has been in Afghanistan, has been the only one on his troop returning, have been to Cambodia, has spent time in Korea, Yugoslavia, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, my dad joined the military when he was 16, and retired at one of the top ranks, but he spent many days, weeks, months in the field. My father has never worked a day at the "desk".

Not disagreeing with you at all, just saying that;s not always the case.

Oh yes, I may be in Canada, but my father was one of the first troops sent out during 9-11.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:32 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, Africa, Egypt, and Pakistan.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:35 PM
    [QUOTE=Aurora_Bell;2332455]
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Im sorry to disagree but men of your dads caliber are not made in the generations of today. In todays world there is alot of good men and women that come back as different people after having been in the theater of war. Its sad but true. Also much of todays war IS like a video game until it gets real. Then many are having a tough time dealing with it. Right now our armies are consuming vast amounts of antidepresiants while being in the theater. They are taking them in record numbers because of the shock they are going through. Its ugly .. its war.[/QU

Well my father has been to war, he has been in Afghanistan, has been the only one on his troop returning, have been to Cambodia, has spent time in Korea, Yugoslavia, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, my dad joined the military when he was 16, and retired at one of the top ranks, but he spent many days, weeks, months in the field. My father has never worked a day at the "desk".

Not disagreeing with you at all, just saying that;s not always the case.

Oh yes, I may be in Canada, but my father was one of the first troops sent out during 9-11.
    I agree with the "not always". And even in the first sentence I said a man of his calibar. Today's men aren't in the same league for the most part. Its much more proliferate today then it was years ago. I applaud your dad for his service.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:38 PM

Thank you Dad. Sorry I missed the "man of his caliber"

My father is very proud of his job, and as am I.

You are right, today is a lot different than then.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 07:40 PM

As a fellow Canadian, we have been in many wars. We have had many missions and lots of the Peace Keeping. You should be proud of your Dad.

I know I am...

(;
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:41 PM

I am JH. Very much so. When I see him in is his uniform decorated, it brings a tear to my eye.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 02:41 AM
    Joe, I think you have the right idea about a color free comments box. The original question about dangerous advice can be handled immediately and civilly in either two full lines or another post.

Bella, as one who has seen the elephant I want you to hug your Dad for protecting you. Good on him.

Dad, PTSD is an inevitable consequence of finding the warriors in the mass of trained and uniformed civilians. Civilians cannot see the warriors' world and cope with it. Most warriors cannot cope with civilian life. Those few that can are able to change the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dangerous Hurricanes [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what was the most dangerous hurricane ever?

Most dangerous drugs [ 25 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/ Research recently published in the medical journal The Lancet rates the most dangerous drugs (starting with the worst) as follows: 1. Heroin 2. Cocaine 3. Barbiturates 4. Street methadone 5. Alcohol 6....

Dangerous appliances [ 3 Answers ]

In what cases does the landlord breach the lease agreement. My family and I have not been living here long but since day one we have been back and forth with the air conditoner unit tripping the breaker. We were told by our landlord on numerous occasions to flip it back; later learning that was...

Emo dangerous? [ 32 Answers ]

I know a 13 year old who claims emo, she writes terrible stories about murder, blood, rape and more, she says she cuts herself, but I am hundreds of miles away and only have recently met her through my husband, (its his sister) he thinks she disturbed, and tries to talk to her to get to know her...

View more questions Search