Ask
    holmeswa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Whirlpool dryer takes several cycles to dry
    Here are the specs on my dryer, which is about 6 months past warranty:

Type: DWSR-ELE-2406028-CV54
    Serial: MR3413983
    Model: LEQ9508PWO

I verified that its exhaust duct and lint filter are clear of debris. Cleaning out the exhaust duct, I did notice that the lint in there was damp, but don't know if that's normal.

It always takes at least two full cycles to get a load of clothes dry. Is it hard to replace the heating element, assuming that that's the problem?

Thanks.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 4, 2006, 06:51 PM
    You will want to try removing the front of the dryer and cleaning all of the lint out from under the drum where the blower unit is at. See if that helps any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

My Maytag Dryer doesn't dry my clothes? [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer don't dry my clothes... it doesn't get hot.

Kenmore Dryer, slow to dry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a electric Kenmore Heavy Duty, Super Capacity Dryer, Model # 110.60602990, Type # DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54. I bought this dryer used a few months ago. It is about 4 years old (I was told) but wasn't used for the past 3 years, due to a living situation. My dryer takes a LONG time to heat. ...

Kenmore dryer-not dry enough [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kenmore HE2 electric dryer that does not dry clothes completely. Usually have to run the clothes through twice in order to get it dry. Much thanks in advance

Whirlpool Dryer - itermittent "fluff dry" cycle stops [ 4 Answers ]

Our Whirlpool dryer has a cycle for intermittent dry or fluff cycle... it seems that it runs fine, then when it shuts down at the intermittent of fluff cycle it will not turn back on again, any thoughts? Kirk

View more questions Search