Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crimson2curse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Honda civic 91 red light blinking 17 times on my ecu.why?
    Honda civic 91 red light blinking 17 times on my ecu.why?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 11:28 AM

Code 17 = Variable Speed Sensor (VSS).

Try replacing the sensor, which is located on top of the transmission (close to the firewall).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda civic, Check Engine Light Blinking [ 1 Answers ]

A few months ago maybe over a year. I changed the Spark Plugs on my 1999 Honda Civic and the check engine light came on. The car was driving rough and when I stop on red light the car makes even a rougher sound. A few days later my car went back to normal and I turn off the check engine light by...

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

Concord 95% light blinking 3 times what are the possible causes to create the problem [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a concord 80,000 95% furnace, now I am getting a blinking light 3 times, if I jump the pressure sensor wires it works fine what are my possible problems

03 Honda Civic "maint. Req" light blinking [ 2 Answers ]

The "maint. req" light blinks like 10 times when I start the car, it does not remain on but it does it every time I start the car. It has done this once before, and I do not remember how to make it stop. And since it has done this before, what is the cause? Any help is appreciated!...

Don't get the blinking light on the ECU [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Hopefully some one can shed some light on this. Well I was driving out of my parking lot and my car back fired and shut down on me. I have not been able to start it since, that was a week ago. The engine turns but doesn't fire. I found my ECU, I turned the key one click and I see no...

View more questions Search