Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julieszcz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
    How long to pay child support in Illinois?
    I was divorced in Illinois in 1999. I have been divorced for over 10 years, but have since moved to Indiana and have been living here for over 5 years. My decree states that child support payments end at 18, but in the state of Indiana the law is, if the child is a full time student in college, the child support payments continue until they are 21. I was told that I could get my divorce decree domesticated to Indiana since we have resided her. Would I then be able to get the child support payments until my daughter is 21 as long as she still is in college?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 02:49 PM

Does the ex still live I Illinois, if so, it will remain there. And the ex can contest changes also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never ordered to pay child support can you get back pay [ 9 Answers ]

I have a soon to be 13 year old daughter. Her father has only seen her maybe 5 times her whole life. He has never been court ordered to pay child support but we did have a paternity test done when she about 1 year old. But he wouldn't stay in one place or keep a job long enough to get a support...

How long do I pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother has a child who is 19 years old. The child has been out of school for a year and lives with a friend. He has now decided to enroll in school and to move in with his mother. Will my brother need to pick up the child support again?

How long I have to pay child support in NY state? [ 2 Answers ]

My child almost 17 years old. I would like to ask you the following questions: How long I have to pay child support in NY state? When I am able to stop?

How long must my husband pay child support? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband's previous wife said he has to pay child support for his son until he is 19, because she decided not to enroll him in school until he was 6 years old and he will not graduate high school until he is 19. They got divorced in the state of GA and she now resides in Virginia. She has sole...

How long do you have to pay child support? [ 5 Answers ]

How long do you have to pay child support?

View more questions Search