Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ak2life Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 03:31 PM
    Hot water pressure in both bathtubs went low what could it be?
    I replaced the hot water heater in my house on my own since I couldn't afford a new heater and someone to install it and I have done this before. This time after I installed the hot water heater the pressure in both my bathrooms went so low that not much you can do with it. Kind of comes out with good pressure for the first second then dies and the pressure just drops.. any advice? This is only for the hot water and mainly the pressure for both bathrooms bathtubs.

Apr 16, 2010, 03:32 PM

Oh and I forgot and its only the hot water, the cold water seems to flow the same.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 16, 2010, 08:47 PM

Do you have good pressure on the lav faucets? And kitchen faucet? Did you install a new shutoff valve on the supply to water heater? If not then it may be the valve that may have froze partially on the off position. Need to check it out.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 09:29 PM

I agree with Truck, I would look at the cold water shut off valve. Especially if you did any soldering upstream of the valve. Excess solder in a joint can flow inside and solidify unattached, then flow to next valve port and block it. Valves are cheap, suggest that you just replace it.

Apr 17, 2010, 04:18 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the help. I did install new valves and the flow to all the house is fine just when I open the shower or bathtub hot water that the pressure just isn't enough.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 04:48 AM

Possible debris in the tub and shower valve. Remove hot water stem and flush.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure after new hot water heater installation [ 6 Answers ]

I had a new hot water heater installed and now the upstairs hot water pressure is very poor. Cold water pressure is fine. House is 8 years old. What can I do to fix this myself, if possible, anything simple?

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

Low hot water pressure in bathtubs and showers only. [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2004 one story home. 1500 square feet. The hot water pressure in both bathtubs only has started running very low. Everything else is normal. Nothing else has been tinkered with that would have caused this. What would be the cause and cost to fix?

No hot water pressure only in bathtubs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I had a clawfoot bathtub installed in an existing bathroom and another one installed in an added bathroom about a hear ago. I had a new hot water heater installed at the same time. For awhile, all was well. Recently there is low hot water pressure in both tubs. The cold seems OK. Both...

View more questions Search