Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnapoli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 09:41 AM
    If real rate is 3% and inflation rate is 4.7% what rate would a treasury bill pay
    Financial accounting help. If the real rate is 3% and inflation rate is 4.7% what rate would a treasury bill pay?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Apr 12, 2010, 10:34 AM
    One arrangement of the relationship between the nominal rate n, the expected inflation rate i, and the real rate r, is given by

You have r and i, so just solve for n.
    basia5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 08:01 PM
    The correct answer is:

(1+R)=(1+r) x (1+h) where h is inflation
    (1+R)=(1.03) x (1.047)
    R= 0.0784=7.84%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is yield on 2 year treasury securities if real risk free rate is 3%,inflation 2% [ 1 Answers ]

The real risk-free rate is 3%. Inflation is 2% this year and expected to be 4% during the next 2 years. Assume the maturity risk premium is zero. What is the yield on 2-year treasury securities?

Annual rate of inflation [ 1 Answers ]

I am using a financial calculator and having problems to find the correct answers, however my answer does not match the book example. Please I want to understand step by step how to do it. I apprecaite your help! 1. If the price of milk has quadrupled (that is, grown four times) over the past 20...

Why the high inflation rate? [ 8 Answers ]

Higher prices are on everyone's mind with a lot being said in these threads. So--- what is your collective opinion of the reason for this sudden rise in prices?

Inflation rate continues [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are...

View more questions Search