Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Annoying autosave pop up
    I have this thing that keeps popping up every freakin second on my computer. Its says:

AutoSave has switched to logging mode and will maintain a list of files to back up. To continute using AutoSave you have to specify another backup location in Setup Wizard or recreate the Database.dat file at the same location by selecting Rebuild database under the Tools->Advanced menu.

Well I don't know where to find this Setup Wizard on here and there is no such option as Rebuild database in the tools advanced menu that I have seen. Ive looked in there twice already.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Which application is causing this?

Dec 3, 2006, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Which application is causing this?
    What do you mean? All I know is Ill just be browsing along and this thing pops up. Its titled autosave. I have no idea what's causing it. I use windows xp when Im not using mozilla Firefox. Ive been trying to find the source of the problem and no luck since yeah I basically suck at computers.

Dec 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetamine
    what do you mean? All I know is Ill just be browsing along and this thing pops up. Its titled autosave. I have no idea whats causing it. I use windows xp when Im not using mozilla firefox. Ive been trying to find the source of the problem and no luck since yeah I basically suck at computers.
    Sorry I meant to say IE instead of windows xp
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Do you have an external drive? It sounds like the autobackup software that comes with some external drives.

Dec 11, 2006, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Do you have an external drive? It sounds like the autobackup software that comes with some external drives.
    Hmm could be. Ill check it out and let you know. Ill probably get my sister to look at it since she's mrs computer genius.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

Annoying erections! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone - I know this may sound somewhat weird, but I was wondering if any of you guys here could offer some advice on how to LOSE erections. Lately I have found that I am getting hard so easily and so frequently and it is really giving me grief - my main problem with it is that I can't talk...

Annoying Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently purchased my laptop from a website called usanotebook.com. It's a dell latitude c600 and it looks brand new. The only problem is this annoying, almost buzzing, tone-like sound that comes from the computer. When I mute sound on the computer, I don't hear the noise as much, just when...

Annoying problem [ 1 Answers ]

Each time I go to look at my e mail (Outlook Express) I get this message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact program vendor". I can't seem to get rid of it and it has been happening for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Please tell me how...

Annoying Adverts [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ! Each time when I open my Internet Explorer (6.0) , advert messages pop up. I think they do reside in the memory. How can I get rid of them please ? Thanks

View more questions Search