Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kce Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Could this be implantation bleeding or my period? (very detailed and.. graphic)
    Okay, so I'm going to be very detailed in this so just bare with me please. Without realizing it I've had sex 4 times within my fertile week. I've been keeping track of my periods on mymonthlycycles.com since April.. there were a few months where my period was off.. but that was due to another pregnancy scare (I'll learn one day) and ever since that one month I've been normal. The site averages my period at 31 days, but looking at when they start they're really around 28-29 days. Anyway, according to the site, my periods, and their ovulation calculator I started ovulating on November 22nd or November 26th, depending on if my cycles are 28 or 31 days. I had sex on November 22nd, November 25th (twice), and again on November 26th. I also had sex on November 29th, but I don't think that was still my fertile period. Each time I had sex we didn't use any form of protection (yes I know) aside from the 'pull out' method. Now when I say this I mean he would pull out and finish himself off, although he wasn't very good at aiming his stuff away from my vagina. I think the first 'symptoms' I noticed were on the 29th/30th. After we had sex on the 29th and I went to the bathroom there was some brownish blood when I peed. This is what sparked the 'oh crap I could be pregnant' thought. I didn't really think much of it though because we did just have sex. Also that night is when my boobs started to really hurt. They were very sensitive to touch.. and just got worse as the night went on. I was also having weird (I don't know how to explain it) sensations in my stomach around my belly button. The next day (November 30th) my breast were EXTREMELY sore and all I wanted to do was sleep all day. In the past few days I think I've had every pregnancy symptom possible.. although the headaches are common for me, and some of the others may just be in my head. Now for the things that are really sticking out for me. The increased hunger.. I usually only eat once-twice a day because I'm never home. In the past few days I've been nauseous if I don't eat, and it seems like I'm starving again after eating a couple of hours before. Another thing, I'm not due to start my period until December 5-9. The first day of my period is usually horrible for me. I can always tell the day before that I'm going to start, and that first day I'm doubled over in pain. Last night (Friday) I felt something that I would call 'tugging' in my lower stomach and this morning I woke up bleeding. The bleeding has been very off. It's not flowing.. only there when I use the bathroom.. but it's more than a spot. There was one time when it was heavy, but I've been shopping all day and I was doing a lot of walking. Since I've been home there has been no 'flow' to it. I've had a pantie liner on all day, had to change it once after shopping. The blood is red, but watery looking. I'm having very little cramping, almost not noticeable. The not cramping is really odd for me, and another thing that's got me wondering is that there is no smell to the blood. I don't mean to gross anyone out here, but we all are women and I'm sure we've all experienced our periods. I have a very distinct period smell and can't recall any period I've had where I couldn't smell it when I went to the bathroom. I guess I'm finally getting down to my actual question.. could this be implantation bleeding? My breast are still really sore.. I'm tired.. and my eating habits.. I feel like a pig and I have constant hunger pains.. it's really weird. I also have a disgusting taste in my mouth, but I don't know whether to consider this a pregnancy symptom or associate it with the fact that my wisdom teeth are breaking through right now. I'd really just like some thoughts and opinions on all this. I'm probably just stressing myself out about this when I shouldn't, but things are just really off this time. I'm going to wait and take a pregnancy test next week. I'd really rather not spend money on those things if I don't need to and I'd like to see if the bleeding gets more 'normal'. Thanks in advance for any help.

*** I posted this on another forum yesterday and have not had any responses. I'd really appreciate it if someone would care to share their opinions. Since last night I've thrown up (once) and the bleeding is heavier, but not as heavy as my periods. I've had no cramping since yesterday, and there is still no 'period smell' to the bleeding. I have been burping quite a bit and I feel nauseaous but haven't thrown up again. ***

Kasey
    Falling Rain Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Ok... well, I just had a baby and I never knew I was pregnant until I gave birth in my car, fully clothed. So, due to that, I have read up a lot about pregnancy and stuff so that I will never make that mistake again. I need to know, how old are you? Haveyou had any sex before the 22, like around February 20- march 10? Are you having pains that start in your back and radiate around the front of your abdomen? Any feelings like you will have diarrhea or just normal poop out of the wrong hole? How much do you weigh? Have you been experiencing dramatic weight gain/loss? Any feelings of movement in your abdomen? Any pain in your vagina?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Rain, these are the symptoms of labor and delivery, not the early signs of pregnancy.

That said, you do not have symptoms within the first week of pregnancy, typically. The symptoms come from a build up of hormones, and that takes a while.

Next, the "pull out method" or the withdrawal method is not a form of birth control. A man has something called pre-ejaculate that lubricates the penis prior to ejaculation, it could be seconds prior, or minutes (the man himself does not feel pre-ejaculate) and there are millions of sprem in pre-ejaculate. So it is only about 10-15% effective in preventing pregnancy.

How old are you? The period problems could be caused by hormones or by age.

Please read this about implantation bleeding.

Dec 6, 2006, 04:34 PM
    I'm aware that the 'pull out method' isn't very effective hence the reason I'm wondering if I'm pregnant. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, yet it's still there. There hasn't been any flow to it since Sunday, but there is still blood when I go to the bathroom. I've had some mild cramps today, but nothing major. I took an HPT this morning and it was negative, but I'm not even suppose to start my period until Friday. I haven't had any extreme pain in my belly, but have felt very full at times. Full is the best way I know how to describe the feeling. I have had some pretty intense lower back pain though, and breast pain. I've read a lot about implantation bleeding and early miscarriage and I've told myself no more. All it is doing is confusing me and scaring me. I plan on calling around tomorrow to make a gyno appointment. If I'm pregnant I need to go, and if I'm not something is not right. Thank you both for your responses. Oh, I'm 19 by the way.

Kasey
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Well, I am happy to hear that you do understand how withdrawal does not work, believe it or not, some people don't!!

Considering your age I believe you may be just having an unusual pregnancy due to maybe either hormones or stress.

Keep us posted as to what you find out! I hope you end up getting the results you want.

Dec 12, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Thanks again for the response. I know some people don't understand how withdrawl can get a girl pregnant.. the guy a slept with would be one of them.. he swears up and down that it just isn't possible because he didn't bust it in me.. all I can do is shake my head.

On to the other stuff.. do you think I'm pregnant? I should have started my period Friday (it's Tuesday) and still nothing. I've had some mild cramps again.. and what I would call twinges and pulls.. but no bleeding other than that really off bleeding the week before I was to start.

I took a HPT this morning, with my first urine, and it came back negative. I've been reading where some women don't get positive HPT till 7-9 days after there period was suppose to start.. I'm on day 4. My breast are still really sore, and even feel fuller, and the feelings in my stomach, I don't even know how to describe them anymore.

Also, and this may be gross, but I'm sorry. I've been having a LOT of discharge the past few days. It's a very thin watery/milky discharge and there is a lot of it. I always feel 'wet' and this morning when I woke up it seemed to have the 'flow' of a period as in it was actually running out of me.

I'm about to get the phone and call around to different gynos in hopes of getting an appointment soon. Thank you again for you response and I'll be sure to let you know how things go.

Kasey
    jenaie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
    I wanted to ask something.

I had my period last January 31, 2011

Me and my boyfriend had sex on feb 11,12 and 13..

I had a bleeding on feb 19..

Since then until now maarch 2, I have this unusual browny secretion, accompanied by slight cramps..

Is it possible that I am pregnant?
    Briste Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 09:14 PM
    Kasey we are too similar with what's happening. I've been wondering if I could be pregnant because of what's been going on with me. I was planning on going to a doctor tomorrow with my cuzzo because we have early dismissal from school. So I guess I'll ve closer to finding an answer to tomorrow:0). Feel free to ask questions if you have any for me:)
    idontwanttojoin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Pre ejaculate doesn't contain sperm, unless the man just ejaculated very prior to this one. Passing urine will flush away and kill the sperm. And, even if it did contain some, it is proven that it only has 100-1,000 sperm cells present- unlike the million in normal emission. Pre Ejaculate is not made in the same gland as sperm (Cowper gland over Testicles). You should consult planned parenthood. They're site is extremely reliable and puts a lot of these myths to rest. (:
    idontwanttojoin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Pre-ejaculate:
    The liquid that oozes out of the penis during sexual excitement before ejaculation; produced by the Cowper's glands. Does not contain sperm, but may pick up sperm remaining in the urethra from previous ejaculations. Also called “pre-***.”
    From: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/glossary-4338.htm#p
    Also from there,
    Even if a man pulls out in time, pregnancy can still happen. Some experts believe that pre-ejaculate, or pre-***, can pick up enough sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation to cause pregnancy. If a man urinates between ejaculations before having sex again, it will help clear the urethra of sperm and may increase the effectiveness of withdrawal.
    And, someone asked a certified gynecologist that works with planned parenthood this question:
    Can a woman become pregnant if her partner pulls out before ejaculating?
    Her answer: It's unlikely, if done correctly. Withdrawal, when a man pulls out before ejaculating, may be the oldest birth control method in the world. The World Health Organization says that about 35 million couples worldwide rely on withdrawal.Some authorities are concerned that pregnancy may be caused by the pre-ejaculatory fluid that oozes into the vagina before withdrawal. Pre-ejaculatory fluid, however, is not semen, and it does not contain sperm when it's produced.But if a man has had an ejaculation recently, the pre-ejaculatory fluid may pick up sperm that remain in his urinary and reproductive tract. Studies have shown that the number of sperm picked up from previous ejaculations is very low — in the hundreds or thousands, instead of the millions that are released with each ejaculation. These numbers of sperm are usually considered too small to cause pregnancy, but they might — even if withdrawal is complete before ejaculation.
    I was scared that I was pregnant because even though I'm on the pill, my boyfriend and I always use condoms AND always finishes himself away from me. Once, a condom broke and I was scared that he it broke while he was still in me, if I got pre ejaculate in me if I was pregnant. This put my mind at ease and I was very happy with planned parenthood. It's the united states organization for pregnancy, sexual health, and all those things-so it's your most reliable source online. Check it out! :D
    Yolanda15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Ohkay , so I'm not very informed about these kinds of thing , I don't know much about them . We have the same thing going on but I felt all the symptoms like 2 weeks after I had sex . I'm really young and I don't know if It's pregnancy . I've had cramps in my lower stomach and lower back and sometime it travels troughout my stomach like under my boobs and sometimes my Vagina , but that barly happens . My periods have always been off and last almost around 10-12 days . So if I'm off by my period I'm not really scared about it. I woke up today and stood up and I felt a flow but very little . I went to the bathroom and it was more than I expected . Usually my Period starts as pick spotting but today it didn't. It kind of felt like if I was on the 5th Day of my period already . I searched up how implantation bleeding looks but I found out it looks nothing like mine . I don't know when I might have had sex because to be honest I have it a lot . For the past 3 months I've been feeling sick because my family and I had a virus that went around... everyone got better but me which cause about 2 pregnancy scares . So I don't know if the sickness is still due to the virus or pregnancy , But the sickness I feel now is different .
    I need some opionions please /;
    If you think weather or not I'm pregnant ?
    Or about the bleeding if you think it's my period or not ?
    Please help I'm 15 years old . Thank you
    MummyBump Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
    KCE, I have the same problem girl... I think I may be pregnant. My period was due on 3/23, but I didn't have bleeding until the 28th. I awoke to a spot of blood. Today is the 30th and I have been observing every tampon ( I know I am not suppose to be using tampons). The blood is dark brown/black, scanty, odorless, and stretchy. Someone, anyone, please help... Could I be experiencing IMPLANTATION BLEEDING?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it implantation bleeding or period [ 4 Answers ]

I had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and I usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it OK to test for hpt or was it just my period

Implantation Bleeding? Or maybe just a period? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

Well... my fianc and I have been trying to get pregnant and last month I had thought I was pregnant but than I got my period. So throughout the past month I've been feeling many of the pregnancy symptoms, such as frequent urination, headaches, feeling extremely tired at all hours of the day, and...

Implantation bleeding or period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I was wondering if anyone out there knew how long implantation bleeding is suppose to last. All last week I experienced slight brownish mucus discharge. I am suppose to start my period on Wednesday (Oct 18th; my cycles approx 32 days), buy I started getting wetter brownish spotting on Fri...

Implantation Bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was on July 2nd and I had sex durning my ovulation. I was suppose to start my period yesterday {July 29th} and today when I got up I noticed a small amount of brownish blood on my panties. Then around the end of the day it turned kind of red, and there was more of it. But now...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...

View more questions Search