Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2010, 02:14 AM
    Jehovahs promises.
    Why does it
    Look like God Jesus is more willing to bless others more! Was it my past sin? Can he not forgive me.
    Why does he say he doest show partiality when it clear as daylight he does why does he say he doesn't when he does.
    Years have gone by and yet my life is just as mediocre as before
    Why his he so mean? Why? If he couldn't do it why did he string me along?
    Why?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 05:01 AM

If you repented and asked to be forgiven, you are. If you accepted Christ as your Saviour you are blessed and saved.

You appear to be looking at material or wordly blessings? Why ?

The most blessed people who lived, like Peter, Paul, Matthew and the others that followed Jesus, were not materially blessed. They were often arrested, beaten, homeless and dispised.
    They almost all died by the hands of those that hated them for their faith.

Paul said these were blessings, he endured for his faith.

Apr 8, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If you repented and asked to be forgiven, you are. if you accepted Christ as your Saviour you are blessed and saved.

You appear to be looking at material or wordly blessings ?? why ?

The most blessed people who lived, like Peter, Paul, Matthew and the others that followed Jesus, were not materially blessed. They were often arrested, beaten, homeless and dispised.
    They almost all died by the hands of those that hated them for thier faith.

Paul said these were blessings, he endured for his faith.
    Yes I want more been praying for it.
    But yet as usaul God Jehovah dissapoints,I guess as the saying goes. Future behaviour is determined by past behaviour God the Trinity the great dissapoints once again.
    Thanks for replying
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:49 AM

What exactly is it you're looking for and how have you been disappointed? I'm not sure I understand.
    Donna Mae II Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Apr 8, 2010, 05:07 PM

God does not hold our past against us, we do that. Sometimes it's hard to believe that God can forgive and forget our past, but He does. All our sins can be washed away through believing and through baptism.

Jesus shed His blood on the cross for our sins. Romans 6:3-4 tells us, "Don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?" We were buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a New Life.

God puts us into Christ, where all sins are forgiven.

After Jesus was killed on the cross, the Jews heard the Gospel and had regrets for what they had done. They asked what could they do to change. Peter told them, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about 3,ooo were added to their number that day.

After that they devoted themselves to the apostles' teachings and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Everything in our lives may not be perfect (God never said it would be), we may not have all the material things that we want, but working for God can be very rewarding. We have the wonderful knowledge that we are doing His work, telling others how to come to Him, and helping others any way we can. We also know that some day we will have a glorious 'new home' in heaven. We will never want or need anything again.

God tells us we have to change. We can't keep living the way we did before. We can't move forward if we're always looking back.

We need to put God first, in everything we do and say. And thank Him, always, for everything.

God's going to take care of you, that's His promise, if you have faith and do His will.

When we pray for something we need (not material possessions), then God will answer our prayer. He will give us what we need, just as a loving father gives to his children.

He won't desert us, He loves us.
    "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you," (Matthew 7:7)

So in everything do to others what you would have them do to you. (Matthew 7:12)

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."

Study, study, study, I can't stress that enough. In order to draw near to God we have to study to know His word. Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

Jesus also said, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

I pray that you will find a church that teaches from the Bible only. Have fellowship with other Christians. Learn to help others, turn your life over to God, don't doubt and don't worry about material things.

Read Matthew 6:25-34

Seek first His kingdom, don't worry, God is there for you. Have faith.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Apr 9, 2010, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAfricacute View Post
    Why does it
    Look like God Jesus is more willing to bless others more! Was it my past sin? Can he not forgive me.
    Why does he say he doest show partiality when it clear as daylight he does why does he say he doesn't when he does.
    Years have gone by and yet my life is just as mediocre as before
    Why his he so mean? Why? If he couldn't do it why did he string me along?
    Why?
    Hi SouthAfricacute

What you are asking is an extraordinary difficult question. I am not going to even pretend that I can answer it.What I will pretend to do is give an answer to what can be seen as about about 1% of what you require as an explanation. Little comfort I know, but we have to start somewhere.

The only way I can understand this predicament is to ask the question,"Is God a utilitarian?" Utilitarianism is roughly speaking the basis of how most democratic societies operate. Basically, the principle of utility states: "We should maximize the greatest happiness of the greatest number"

I don't generally like broad generalizations, but I find it difficult to even begin to look at this question without doing so. So, depending on the nature of democracy at the time, some people are going to be unhappy at any given point of time and some happy.

God as an ideal observer looks beyond the immediate problems that we face from day to day. Now we can derive an explanation for our problems by saying that we only look at the immediate consequences. That is, why we are unhappy with the present. When we think about it this is all we can do. We have no means for looking long term into the future. Many explanations about God would say that God has long term plans for us and there are bound to be short term difficulties. What we see as immediate problems is irrelevant because God sees greater benefit in the future for us.

Kant in one of his many lucid moments says that bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. This is obvious but adds that justice exists in a universal sense. Justice then can be seen to be waiting as a reward for good people at the end of this life.

For most people this is of little consequence in this life and Kant would have course acknowledge this. A reward in the next life doesn't put bread on the table. Unfortunately, this all seems to add up to the fact that there is no personal God.

As an ideal observer of human affairs it seems impossible for God to make everyone happy. On this basis I would ask the question once again,"Is God a utilitarian?" In other words, for God to unfold his plan does he implement the idea of, 'the greatest happiness for the greatest number?' God, unlike human utilitarians can reward those who missed out in this life.

Regards

Tut
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2010, 04:18 AM

Not a difficult question at all.

If your God is a Triune God, then do not expect the Only True God to bother with you.

You may as well go and cut a tree down and make a wood carving of Jesus and bow down before it and pray for help because you will be doing just as much good.

Pray to the wrong God and you will not get an answer from the God of love.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 05:48 AM

You seem to think that religion and God is like a shopping cart, you repent, pray and God will give you all these blessings, and while he does sometimes, We as Christians endue many sufferings, for our faith. There is a old saying among some christian groups, you know you are closer to God when things really start going wrong, since Satan is fighting with you more. Read the bible, it is a battle here on earth, not a holiday.

Apr 11, 2010, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You seem to think that religion and God is like a shopping cart, you repent, pray and God will give you all these blessings, and while he does sometimes, We as Christians endue many sufferings, for our faith. There is a old saying amoung some christian groups, you know you are closer to God when things really start going wrong, since Satan is fighting with you more. Read the bible, it is a battle here on earth, not a holiday.
    Fr_chuck I totally agree.
    Just I want,would like more
    A car for starters, better apartment, better paying position
    Maybe it my heart after all he looks at the heart right then he chooses to bless.maybe I'm not right.
    I'm repenting but yet not much progress,I've repented from fornication,and some ancestry practices,got rid of old friends yet my life it hasn't gotten better
    What is it about me?
    Why hasn't he answered me?
    Maybe I'm not good enough to bless
    Not sure.
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Apr 11, 2010, 02:45 PM

You are good enough

You are just not doing what he requests
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Maybe it my heart after all he looks at the heart right then he chooses to bless.maybe I'm not right.
    I'm repenting but yet not much progress,I've repented from fornication,and some ancestory practices,got rid of old friends yet my life it hasn't gotten better
    What is it about me?
    Not sure.
    After 14 months without a job I can emphatically state that GOD is a GOD of love. He will take care of you. But and this is the hard part, YOU must also put forth the effort. Don't steal from your boss, Give him an honest days work for the pay you have. Be satisfied and thankful for what you have. Be a blessing to your boss and others every day all day. Get involved in your church, volunteer to serve others. Once you stop focusing on yourself and focus on serving others you will be surprised how GOD will bless you. GOD does things in his timing not your timing.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 03:43 PM
    I'm repenting but yet not much progress,I've repented from fornication,and some ancestory practices,got rid of old friends yet my life it hasn't gotten better
    What is it about me?
    Not sure.
    Consider what Jesus himself had: no vehicle or animal of any kind, he walked most everywhere he went. No steady place to lay his head. No money. The one time he got to ride on a donkey, it was borrowed. And he didn't even have a place to be dead, that was borrowed, too. His followers were hounded, beaten, crucified, stoned to death, you name it. Take a look at 2 Corinthians 11 and 12 and see what Paul considered his greatest assets, his greatest gifts from the Lord.

Don't try to measure your blessings in possessions or position or any of the rest of it. Measure it in whether you love the Lord. If you do, you're all right and he's blessed you beyond comprehension. Possessions are transitory; God's love is eternal. It doesn't always look like it, but that's the honest truth. As Paul said, we brought nothing into this world and we'll take nothing out of it. You have the Lord and that's plenty. You also have people like us who care about you, and that's a lot, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jehovahs Witnesses re marriage and clothing [ 7 Answers ]

Can Jehovahs Witnesses receive wedding gifts? Can female Jehovahs Wintesses wear pants?

Former Countrywide Promises [ 1 Answers ]

I was a Countrywide customer until Bank of America bought them out. My question is, I applied back in Dec. of 2008 for Countrywide' s Hope Program, for a loan modification. We sent Countrywide all of the required documents, along with the required hardship letter, we received a phone call from a...

Jehovahs witness [ 22 Answers ]

Well my parents are basically christian only um.. a little more... hardcore. Like they follow the scriptures as law and as a basis for life. In everyway. And I'm now 14 and for the past couple of years I have know that I don't agree with most of their beliefs. But its really starting to bother me...

SHillarious PROMISES us [ 3 Answers ]

She will give back what the institutions have taken away from us through their wastefulness... BUT problem being... in her race to the White House----she has spent it... Oil industry Don't remember but was more than any other contributors. Lawyers/law firms $14,528,397

View more questions Search