Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bilbob20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Find the name of a film where husband drives wife crazy
    A husband is having an affair. He makes his wife think that she is going crazy and imagining things. Late on in the film, she looks out the window and see's him and a woman supposedly dead in a chair in a house across the street with red lace round there necks (supposedly blood).
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 10:56 AM

Is this an old movie?

Apr 13, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Yes, its an old film. Somebody suggested it was Night Watch starring Elizabeth Taylor, but I'm not sure. The plot description of that sounds vaguely familiar to it, but there is still the niggle about that scene (which is the one I remember most) where she looks to the house across the way and see's her dead husband and mistress who are only pretending by putting something red round their necks to pretend to have had their throats cut.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbob20 View Post
    Yes, its an old film. Somebody suggested it was Night Watch starring Elizabeth Taylor, but I'm not sure. The plot description of that sounds vaguely familiar to it, but there is still the niggle about that scene (which is the one I remember most) where she looks to the house across the way and see's her dead husband and mistress who are only pretending by putting something red round their necks to pretend to have had their throats cut.

Okay there"s "Gaslight" , "Midnight Lace'" "Sorry Wrong Number" "Double Indemnity" "Rear Window"

Apr 13, 2010, 01:21 PM

Thanks for your time and effort. I don't think its any of them. I have seen Gaslight and Rear Window and its not them. Double Indemnity is the wrong way round, and Midnight Lace has the right plot but doesn't seem to be the right film. I have wracked my brain. Lol
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbob20 View Post
    Thanks for your time and effort. I dont think its any of them. I have seen Gaslight and Rear Window and its not them. Double Indemnity is the wrong way round, and Midnight Lace has the right plot but doesn't seem to be the right film. I have wracked my brain. lol

I love a good challenge.. we'll find it:D
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 04:04 PM
    :confused:

Downfall
    Dial "M" for Murder
    A Perfect Murder
    typomonkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Maybe Gas Light. The term "gaslighting" came from this movie, which is a form of psychological abuse where false information is presented to the victim with the intent of making them doubt their own memory and perceptions.
    jennysorr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 09:04 PM
    Hey - hope you still check this. Midnight lace had a remake in 1981 - and I have been trying to figure out a movie I saw as a little kid and I found this thread. I think this is it!
    koko2014 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2013, 02:52 PM
    I think the movie is called masquerade starring Rob Lowe.
    autbrat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2015, 09:34 PM
    I think the movie is Diabolique there is an original version and a newer version. I was looking for the same movie. Good luck :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband tries to kill wife, wife gets plastic surgery and comes back 4 revenge. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find this movie title... its back in the 70s, 80's... I believe the name Eve is in the title... Its about a married elite couple who gets married and the husband only marries her for money... he than tries to have her killed and he thinks she's dead... but she lives and ends up...

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

He drives me crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK me and my boyfriend have not been together that long and he has told me he loves me aND ALL BUT HE REALLY Doesn't SEEM LIKE IT. HE Doesn't GIVE ME ENOUGH ATTENTION AND I LIKE TO BE SMOTHERED.! I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW SHOULD I TELL HIM THIS BECAUSE HE Doesn't REALLY DO THINGS RIGHT WITH ME?...

I act like I don't care, but it drives me crazy [ 4 Answers ]

There is this guy that I really like. He told me he wants to be friends until I get out of high school, then we'll see what happens. He's in college. I emailed him back and said that he was right, I needed to focus on school, and that I would see him in church whenever I'm able to go again. So I...

View more questions Search