Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carguy4sp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 02:33 AM
    Generac G27H pressure Washer
    I have a Generac G27H pressure Washer with a 6.5 Briggs and Straton engine Intek. The fuel tank has developed a leak and was wondering if anyone knows of a recall for this fuel tank?

Or a good repair solution?

Thanks
    Rodney Robbins
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 12:28 PM
    If this tank is metal, then I can tell you this much. I had one leaking due to rust caused by an annual buildup of a thin layer of water on the bottom of the tank. As a "get by", I dried it out, then put a daub of plain old caulking compound over the hole. This was just supposed to last until I could get a new tank. It lasted a couple of years until I replaced the mower. Evidently, the gas will not dissolve the caulk.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 03:55 PM

New tanks might be plastic. Check Small Engines, Lawn Mower Engines and Generators by Briggs & Stratton for parts. Generac is owned by Briggs.

Sounds like it's an issue with water. I'd use Seafoam fuel treatment added to each tank of gas.

For a more permanent rust fix, see Plating Kits Electroplating Kits Aluminum Anodizing Kits Powder Coating Systems Metal Polishing And Buffing Supplies - Caswell Inc. for a kit to line a mental tank with an epoxy coating. Expensive, though.

A temporary solution would be to use Seal All. Available at some hardware stores. Cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generac 7550 EXL Generator - Motor Runs - no power [ 3 Answers ]

The unit quit putting power out motor runs I am getting 4-5 volts out of the receptacles I took the cover off the end unplugged the connector from the windings to the control panel and got 1.5 - 2.5 volts out of each lead (4 total) I checked for continuity between the leads and have it between...

Generac generator starting [ 1 Answers ]

My Generac generator will start but will only run for about 5 seconds and then it stalls. It won't start when I try again. If I try starting it again, it will again run for about 5 seconds and stall. I've owned it for about 9 years and have NEVER had a problem starting this before. I ran it for at...

Why I can pull the cord on my generac generator [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bough this used generator. It started a few times with no problem. This generator has an electric start that doesn't work. The other day I push the button and made a grinding noise. Today I try to start it but I can't pull the cord, it gets stuck. I remove the 4 screws that holds the...

Gasoline pressure washer pressure locked [ 2 Answers ]

When I release the spray trigger on my Sears Gasoline Pressure Washer to change positions it will not start spraying again. Is this "pressure Lock"? How do I correct it so it will spray again? The motor continues to run. This morning it worked fine. I changed nothing, but this afternoon it...

Generac generator starting problems [ 1 Answers ]

My generator turns over constantly but won't start. What could be the problem?

View more questions Search