Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paranfts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Credit card agency thinks I am dead
    Hi I tried to get a mortgage today and the credit card company says I am deceased and will not let us get the loan. The mortgage guy said that AMex (an old and closed account) told experian I was dead and all the other companies followed suit. So how do I fix this and what happens to my credit score when they fix it.
    Also could you tell me how long the process takes? We need the Loan ASAP.:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Go to a Notary and have them notarize a statement that you are alive and kicking. Send that to all the credit bureaus and bring it to your mortgage lender.

The mortgage company should not deny you credit if you can prove you are you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 06:37 PM
    I don't know Scott, how do we know he is really alive, this could be one of those Spirit writings.

Sorry paranfts, I know it is not funny, I had this happen to a patient of mine, medicare stated he was dead and would not pay his medical bills. Or OK medical equipment.

You also should get with the mortgage person and have them ask the lenders what proof they need that you are alive, ( and also not stealing the ID of someone who died) that is a current fruad that is going on,
    I lost about 5000 in equipmnet to someone who had used a dead persons ID to get equipment and then disappeared with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit agency refuses to verify debt, but demands payment (Ontario) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Just as a backgrounder, I have placed my original post in quotes at the bottom. The one thing I should add is that we contacted the original alleged creditor (GMAC), who was reasonably nice, but told us that they no longer held the debt and couldn't provide us with any verification. ...

Credit card problms [ 9 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Georgia I have three credit card companys that I have had credit cards with for a few years. Recently I got into a situation where I was late on my payments, about 45 days. All three creditors jumped from about 10-12% to nearly 30% + fees, this increase made my...

Credit Card Judgments [ 5 Answers ]

I have two credit card judgments against me (judgment include attorney fees and original amounts of the credit plus interest). The creditors did their part, it was me who went into a panic attack, fell into a deep depression, and avoided their calls and attempts to resolve the issues.. I now have...

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search